Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had an access soft rollup cover on my Tundra, the first acessory I want for my titan is the same thing.

Access doesn't yet make one. Does anyone have the Nissan one? Any comments on it as far as installation ease (does it use the tracks at all, or just clamps?) How waterproof is it? How about "floppyness" on the highway? How does it roll up and stay (adjustable straps like an Access cover?) How about sealing down.. is it velcro like others?

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unless price is an issue, I wouldn't go with a soft top. Just a personal preference. ARE (www.4are.com) makes a hard top color match for about $725 installed. It also works with your door locks. For me the hard top just looks better. That's just my preference.

·
Registered
160 Posts
dickyn said:
Unless price is an issue, I wouldn't go with a soft top. Just a personal preference. ARE (www.4are.com) makes a hard top color match for about $725 installed. It also works with your door locks. For me the hard top just looks better. That's just my preference.
Dickyn,

Your purchase price is way lower than what I was quoted. Can you please post a pic of your Titan with the ARE cover. I like to see how it looks on Silver. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
dickyn said:
Hi dickyn

For 5th wheel applications the "soft top" is best! Hard top does look better though if you are not restricted by a 5th wheel hitch in the bed.

Campsmoke :cheers:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want a hard top... not at all. I want a soft top which is why I asked if anyone had experience with the one nissan offers.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Since I had an access soft rollup cover on my Tundra, the first acessory I want for my titan is the same thing.

Access doesn't yet make one. Does anyone have the Nissan one? Any comments on it as far as installation ease (does it use the tracks at all, or just clamps?) How waterproof is it? How about "floppyness" on the highway? How does it roll up and stay (adjustable straps like an Access cover?) How about sealing down.. is it velcro like others?

Thanks!
bvstone1....
The Nissan soft Tonneua is a ZIPPER Attachment. It has a Metal Alloy frame that you can see , it sits on top of the bed rails. . It will roll up, But not like the Access or TruXedo. AND it is not Flat. You can see the suport ribs. In snow this might be hard to Zipper shut. And it wont work with the Utili-Track. I went with the TruXedo :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, after closer inspecition I saw that is NOT what I wanted.

Yesterday at the dealer they called Access and were told it was not availble yet.

Today I emailed them to find out when it would be available, and they said it already was.

Really makes me wonder WTF is going on at this dealership. Guess they're just too used to selling Chevy's since there are ususally 60 on the lot at one time...

·
Registered
115 Posts
ZubbyZu said:
Dickyn,

Your purchase price is way lower than what I was quoted. Can you please post a pic of your Titan with the ARE cover. I like to see how it looks on Silver. Thanks
Here Is A Side View

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
A.R.E. Covers

dickyn said:
Here Is A Side View

dickyn,

Thanks for posting your cover! You have confirmed my choice for me, I have an A.R.E. on order for my deepwater CC Titan! Thanks

:cheers:

NITEBLITZ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts