Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What interests me the most is the red highlighted areas. Then again in an eagar anticipation to spy some kind of redesign other then a rendering or any new news I may read in to it to much.

From www.egmcartech.com and www.leftlanenews.com:

"Nissan to unveil redesigned Maxima at the 2008 NYIAS
Posted on: January 11th, 2008
While Nissan will be very low key at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show, it will go all out at the 2008 New York Auto Show with the completely new redesigned 2009 Nissan Maxima.

Nissan spokesman said that the Japanese automaker also has other plans for New York but is not going to present any concepts.

“We’ll show the next Maxima in New York and a couple of other things — but not concepts,” Nissan North America spokesman Darryl Harrison told Inside Line.

The Nissan Maxima has not received a redesign since 2004.
The only big news for Nissan at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show is the Nissan FORUM concept."

Another vehicle that hasn't received a FULL redesign since 2004 is the titan. HHMMM, makes you wonder.

My optimistic assumption would be that sense they made a point to say that they have something up their sleeve just not any concepts. That doesn't rule out other redesigns that are scheduled for 2009/2010 (titan maybe). Will anyone join me in spinning the wheels of the rumor mill?:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll play along TikiGod.

I heard from a reliable source at the Canton plant that the 2009-10 Titan is set for a major re-design. Details are sketchy, but apparently the new T will out style and out muscle all competitors, including the Tundra.

Okay guys. Fill in the blanks/details from your wish lists. :)

RumbleSound
Austin, Texas

·
Registered
250 Posts
can't wait to see it

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
It seems like they should have spy shots by now of the 2009/10 prototype running around. Even with the heavy cladding they use to cover them up we would have some idea about the size and style. If this is truly a ground up redesign they should have a test mule running around the deserts and mountains somewhere. Has anyone found pictures or any write ups even giving a hint?

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Nissan: "Surprise! We're cancelling the Titan!"

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Or they could just roll out the 09 Dodge with a nissan logo slapped on the front. The auto world is a changin so who knows. I am still gonna hope for the best. All new ground up redesign that is ready to take everyone on. In this market you can't hold back, if your in, you got to go all in.

·
Registered
740 Posts
anyone notice how similar the 2009 Dodge Ram interior looks compared to the 2008 Titan LE?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dont know if they show a redesign version of the Titan i hope theyll do. But I think a facelifted Frontier its more likely than a redesigned Titan.

·
Super Moderator
161,698 Posts
Maybe the first stateside appearance of the new GTR?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Carbeaux said:
Maybe the first stateside appearance of the new GTR?

I thought that at first but its pretty much a given that it will be there. The first stateside apperance was at the LA Auto Show. They have already started taking US orders Jan. 1st.

The first one has already been crashed in japan (sorry just a funny side note, see pic below).

Also attached is the rendering of the titan redesign that showed up here alittle while ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Good catch on th e Dodge interior being like the Titans, at the center console area. Dodge and Ford intro new trucks, in the midst of competition from newcomers like the Tundra. This is in the front page articles today. No mention of the Titan.

Next year is coming though, and I bet it will solidify Titan as a top competitor in the 1/2 Ton market. Consider the Power War that Titan may take top spot in next year. Dodge and Ford are adding more creature comforts. making it more appealing to the average homeowner who wants a truck ready to go. Notice the bedrail storage of the Dodge. Titans have the Bedside storage already. Titan time is coming, just wait one more year!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
i really like the new dodge.. i guess i should say i like the way it looks anyways. i really hope there is a new TITAN in the works i am about due for a new rig.. i guess we will see shortly

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
SlikRick said:
I can see Nissan DNA in that Ram.

I just saw the pictures of the ram from the NAIAS today and I feel alittle gross saying it but i see it too. Some parts look even transplanted into the ram.

Pictures attached below to help you visualize this frankenstein with me.

Notice the hvac controls, the dash, the door, the humanity.................:fktardxpl

It was rumored that Chrysler and nissan were in cahoots for some recent truck collaborations. It has already been confirmed that they are rebadging the versa for chrysers small car fleet. Click HERE for info on that.

I guess its not inbreeding if your technically not the same family.

Still feels alittle dirty to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
IMHO the 09 Ram interior looks like a logical progression of my FIL's craptastic 06 and my best friends 07 interiors. They look good in photos until you sit down and touch the stuff. Hard nasty cheap plastic.

FWIW a neat note is that Dodge is the only truck manufacturer to not have a locking tailgate feature.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
SlikRick said:
So I guess its Nissan's DNA going into Dodge products as opposed to the other way around.

The rumor is that they will share engine choices from the dodges.

Quote below is from the link contained in my previous post above:

"Insiders say the agreement is a one-time OEM deal, but could expand in the future — possibly to include full-size pickup trucks. Nissan currently supplies Chrysler with its continuously variable transmissions."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts