Nissan Titan Forum banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Honda25xtitan...you ran the Rancho quicklift or the Bilstein 5100s with a spacer? How much actual lift did you gain in front? Any seal problems? I think the real problem is the Ranchos are bottoming out in the cylinder because I'm running stock bump stops. I have ordered taller bumps stops (1-9/16" and 2-1/8". Opinions everyone???

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
i'm running stock pro4x springs, bilsteins on middle setting, and 2" spacer. You definitly need taller bumpstops. i have 3" of lift. I dont know what the rancho spring rate is, but imma guess its stiffer then 2wd springs, so similar to my stock springs.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Honda250xtitan....what height bump stops did you use sir? I need to order them right away!
*heads outside to measure bumpstops in 110 degree weather**

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
2.5" roughly. Believe you can get them at autozone. I got mine with my PRG leveling kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you sir! I ordered 2-1/8" from Jegs. Will try those out! I'll look at autozine in my town as well.!!! Thanks again.
Pretty hot here as well

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
No worries. I believe i had to drill out the hole for the new bump stop bolts. wasn't a big deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Titan5125-3; is this a pair of shocks or a single shock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK....so I put in bigger Bump-Stops on my LCA, with Bilstein 5100s on middle setting (1" lift), with 2" spacers, longer sway links, ground off shock bucket lip. All is good! Ride is great! I have about 3 to 3 1/4" lift in front. No UCA contact. Alignment was VERY necessary of course but wait until shocks "settle". Overall very happy. I have a 2010 SE 4wd. I am completely level with 1.5" spacer under my rear axle and Ranco 9000sXL in rear. I think this wouldn't work with a 2wd but why would you want to???

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got it figured out after a couple tries. The taller bump stop is a MUST. You will just blow out your shocks if you don't install one at least 1" taller than stock. I put MB TKO wheels on with BFG 35x12.5. Some fender shirt removal and pinch well ground off and no rubbing. The stock wheel has 25mm offset. You have to get rid of this with spacers or a new set of wheels with 0 offset. Many people on here say 35s won't fit. They will. I am running billstein 5100s in front with middle setteing and 2 1/8" spacer on top. This setup raised my front 3.25" and 1.5" spacer in back with Rancho 9000s in back. Overall the ride is great and I got the lift I want without crazy cash.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place for this question, but I am running out of resources to ask.

On the new 2016 Tittan 1/2 ton pick-up build, the Pro4X indicates "Bilstein off-road performance shocks" as standard. On the Platinum with the off-road package it says the same, "Bilstein off-road performance shocks". Does anyone know if they are the same shocks in both cases, and which shocks are they?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Same shocks. Since it's the half ton, it's the same frame as the first gen. So same shocks that are available for us old school Titans.

·
Registered
646 Posts
hey mike or chas! can one of you PM me your direct numbers so i can call you tomorrow? i need to speak to someone over the phone due to my many specific questions. Thanks guys!
Me too. Want to get the Kit price for the 5100's and the 5125 since I'm lifted 1.5" in the rear on top of the Pro-4X lift. Possible 4" lift or an additional 3" of lift, but I need a solution for upper A-Arms that won't break the bank if you have them. $600.is way too much. I remember seeing them for like, $300.

I originally thought the model number I needed for the rear was the Bilstein 5200, but maybe I'm wrong.

PM me your number. All of the links I've came across are dead, but if I remember correctly, the new links are towards the last set of pages in this thread so I'll check that next, but would still like to talk to you for questions.

I have 98k miles on my 2011 Crew Cable Pro-4X with the factory Rancho shocks and I just upgraded to the newest versions of Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx in 295/70/18 (factory 18's (factory Pro-4X is 275/70/18) which is a 33" tire vs 31.14" but I think they are a tad bit bigger than that, like a 34.5". No pinch weld mod needed, no rubbing issues or maybe very minor in the front. Just had to remove my factory front mud flaps: -( I wanted the most aggressive A/T tire without going with an MT. One thing that blows my mind is that in order to get these tires, you have to.get a Load Rang D (even Load Range E is super hard to find for an agressive A/T, with a 10 ply tire. Thats a tire for 3/4 ton diesels or 1 tons that you can air up to a max PSI of 80 PSI to tow a full load of 30k+ lbs, not half tons so the ride is bumpy. So I was wondering if there are any front spring upgrades that would help me. Maybe a slightly softer spring? With the Bilstein 5100's I would not max it out. I'd continue to use my 1.5"spacer and when I'm ready to go a little higher after the front upper control arm so I don't get coil bucket rub. Or could I crank up the 5100 a tad to get more lift? How much lift could I do extra if I can?

Use to have an '04 Titan 2WD lifted 6.5" with 325mm width 35's. Anyway, thanks!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm not trying to throw Chas / Total Automotive Performance, but a 5100 full front & rear set is listed as $350. I thought there was a better deal than that going on. Is that no longer valid? Plus I don't see a kit for 5100 and 5125. If people are running the 5100's then they would more than likely need a 5125 since the 5100's only go for a 1" lift and the front Bilstein can go up to 2.5" maxed out, which I wouldn't do as previously mentioned.

I can get the 5100/5125 for 296 with free shipping. 5100 is $160.99 and the 5125 for 130.99.

Am I missing something here? Magically, AutoZone is much cheaper as how the price is much cheaper. And if I order both sets, that gives me 2 extra points out of 5 so 3 more purchases of only $20, I get $20 after my 5th point, plus if there's a failure, all I got to do is bring the shock/stronger to AutoZone and they ship off the defective part on their dine and ship it back know on their dime again. Again, not trying to throw you under the bus, but the difference between the 5100 and 5100 has a $30 price difference from the 5125's so I believe that has a big part of it. I need the 5100 & 5125 kit at the reduced price kit price.

Edit: I understand the price difference now that I've been 'd. It's shipped with the proper threading, but like I said, I could have sworn I saw it cheaper on the site not too long ago

Please PM me Chas. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

221 - 240 of 258 Posts
About this Discussion
257 Replies
62 Participants
Joseph_titan
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing