Nissan Titan Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm not trying to throw Chas / Total Automotive Performance, but a 5100 full front & rear set is listed as $350. I thought there was a better deal than that going on. Is that no longer valid? Plus I don't see a kit for 5100 and 5125. If people are running the 510p's then they would more than likely need a 5125 since the 5100's only go for a 1" lift and the front Bilstein can go up to 2.5" maxed out, which I wouldn't do as previously mentioned..

Did you use the TitanTalk promo code on their site? Either way, Chas and Mike are both able to setup special package pricing. You can give them a call on their TAP line, one of the two of them answer every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Me too. Want to get the Kit price for the t100's and the 5125 since I'm lifted 1.5" in the rear on top of the Pro-4X lift. Possible 4" lift or an additional 3" of lift, but I need a solution for upper A-Arms that won't break the bank if you have them. $600.is way too much. I remember seeing them for like, $300.
You're thinking of the RC upper control arms which do not provide much more clearance than OEM. But they're runnable. If you're planning on running a 1.5" spacer with 5100s on top perch, the RC arms will not give you enough clearance. And your ride quality is going to be pretty bad. I had the same setup on my 04 including the RC arms.

I originally thought the model number I needed for the rear was the Bilstein 5200, but maybe I'm wrong.
Yes, you are wrong. The adjustable are 5100s and the extended rears are 5125.

so the ride is bumpy. So I was wondering if there are any front spring upgrades that would help me. Maybe a slightly softer spring?

Softer springs will make your front end sag again. Especially when you get 5100s that lift by preload.

Lifting a 4WD is very different than a 2WD. You're going to have crappy quality ride if you cheap out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Also TAP sends the Bilsteins with the correct bushings and spacers for our trucks. If you buy from a non application specific source you will have to do the same for the bushings.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking at the Bilstein 5165 for the rear. Have 6" lift, has anyone successfully ran this setup yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
So what youre saying is, I should order from TAP because they have the right setup rather than using amazon prime to order overnight.

Still need those 08 springs though... No TAP package?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
July 4th Specials are now active.

For a Complete List of Brands - Click Here

If you do not find what you are looking for listed, please contact us.

_

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
It has been a busy Summer and we have been working hard to
update data, products and add new brands.

We appreciate all the support and all always look forward to
extending additional specials and promotions when possible.

August is our Anniversary.

Processing and shipping orders has kept everyone busy this summer
and we forgot to share our annual Anniversary specials.

Therefore, we decided to start focusing on our Labor Day Specials - Click Here

As always, if you do not see the brand you are looking for, please
contact us via Phone, Email or PM.

_

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm new to Titan talk but want to learn how to fix up my titan with my pops. I have a 2004 Nissan Titan 4x4 crew cab LE. My truck needs new front struts and rear shocks. What is the best option for parts ( mild off roading for fishing and camping ). I have fixed lots of parts on my old vehicle but never anything with suspension but my dad has for sure, just want to make sure his info is up to date. Before we tear this bad boy apart. Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry if this is not how the thread works or if I'm impeding on someone else's questions

Thanks,

Brian Izard

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Bilstein 5100's are a great choice and very popular for Titan

They are Ride-Height Adjustable if you are looking to level the front end.

Bilstein 5100 Complete Set - Click Here

These are In-Stock and Ready to Ship.

_

·
Registered
646 Posts
@LVTAP

Are there any other options for front coilovers other than the 5100's?

I also bought the wrong Bilstein 5165's. Sorry, I would've bought my Holstein items from you, but I missed out on the Promo and the only funds I had left to use, was from my Discount Tire/Synchrony Bank Credit Card (4WParts & Summit Racing)

For the money I'm spending on the 516'5's, is there a better option? I want a Remote Resevoir and Bypass and would really love to have adjustable Rebound & Compression. (I'm a Sportbike Guru/Racer, so I'm always changing shim stacks, making quarter turns here & there on my compression, rebound & preload adjusters.

I'm doing the Rough Country 6" Lift.
SPC Id's,
PRG Products Purchased: Bracket Lift Upgrade Kit (Transmission Mount, Extended Sway-Bar Endlinks & Driveshaft Spacer,)
PRG Diff Cover with Breather Kit,
Front 25" Red Steel Braided Brake Lines (I still can't find a set of REAR Steel Braided Brake Lines ANYWHERE!
And C-30 3.5" Leaf Deavers
Also purchased the $100 Kicker Bars. I'll determine if I need Pet's Upgraded RC TC Bars.
Rough Country Fender Flares (should've spent the extra money on His teachers or another brand, but they were twice the price!

also bought Max Trac's 1" Lift, 1" Drop & 2.5" Drop Leaf Shackles.

FYI; I DO NOT want to level my truck. I want it raked.

I'd like to do a 7" lift in the front & 7"'ish in the rear.

Greg said I can run the 5100's I have with the RC Kit, since I have the SPC Idea's, just no ride height settings other than 0. He said the Doc's are actually a great pair of That's, because they are overbuilt. They allow a 3" lift with Lifted Coilovers AND have 3 camber adjustments, which can also be supplied with an SPC CAM Bolt kit to extend them out even further... If I remember that part correctly.

I just simply can't afford a pair of $1500 Coilover. If I'm going to spend a grand or more, I want atleast an external bypass/remote Resevoir.

But if the Fox 2.0 Coilover Emulsion's for $800 will work, then I'm game.

Anyway, so I'll run the 6" lift for now.

But what about the Bilstein 7100's, 8125's, 8137's, 8165's, AirRide Coilover, etc...? (might have got a part model wrong there.
I'm willing to spend an extra $100 on nicer Bilstein's, especially the Coilover if they allow a higher ride height. I know I mixed rear shocks with coilovers above.

Or am I just beating a dead horse and need to stick with the 5165's & if I feel the need, save up for Radflo's, Sway-Away's or Fox 2.5 Bypasses?

The thing is, the Titan has 102k miles in it. I'm already hesitant in cutting the factory crossmembers for the lift.

But who knows, I'll probably keep the truck for another 3-5 years unless I can find a low mileage 2015 model. I don't see my financial situation improving anytime soon to buy my 2019+ GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel or RAM 2500, that I'll put a 6" lift on also..

I'm just in the market for a 5th wheel 38'-48' Triple Slide-Out 14klb+ Toy Hauler to double as my weekend track station AND to live in instead of a $1200/month apartment/house till I can buy a house.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I'll get to Google searching for a used pair of Coilovers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi TAP or anyone that can answer my question,
I read your first post on this thread. You stated, "a good street ride or LOWERED suspension is what you are looking" for 4600.

Does this mean if I have a lowered Titan using 2" drop with coils, that 4600 is what I need?

thanks in advance,

241 - 258 of 258 Posts
About this Discussion
257 Replies
62 Participants
Joseph_titan
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing