Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looooong time lurker on the site and hoping someone will help me find this shell a new home. Selling a "like new" camper shell that fits 2nd generation Nissan Titan (2017+) crew cab models (non-XD). This shell was built to order and installed in October of 2017 and has been on my truck every day since. Its painted brilliant silver to match my truck. It has the carpeted ceiling, a side-opening passenger window, and sliding windows with screens on both sides (rear and side opener all have working locks btw). A.R.E. makes a top of the line topper and this one is no exception. My goal is to lower the weight of my truck when towing with the family aboard, so its time to sell the shell. Weight of the shell is around 200lbs. Price also includes a Thule rack with 2 crossbars for carrying items like kayaks, bikes, etc. on top.

No sure about shipping as its a huge freight item, so unless you have a trick for shipping this behemoth, local pickup only in the Boise, ID, area.

Craigslist add here: https://boise.craigslist.org/pts/d/boise-nissan-titan-camper-shell/6959671314.html

Thanks for looking!

Andrew

·
Registered
233 Posts
If interested in selling and shipping crossbars and brackets for roof rails let me know. I had ARE factory rails installed on mine for future just-in-case use.

Think you're going to miss topper and doubt increase in mileage will be very noticeable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I am selling the topper is the weight. With my family (wife and 3 kids) plus a modest 450lb tongue weight, we were within 100 lbs. of total GVWR. This surprised me and I realized I had to cut weight or I would run out of truck. I love my 1/2 ton Titan and will upgrade a few years from now. My plan is to add the ORW 3" lift, permanently mount a HiLift in the bed, and go to a 295/70 LT tire. That will increase my weight 60-70lbs. and since my kids are small, weight is only going up.

Honestly I always used to own wagons - Isuzu Troopers, Rodeos, and Mitsubishi Monteros. I just assumed I would want a truck shell....but I know the tonneau will give bed coverage without all the excess weight. Heck I am 6'3" and there is no way I could sleep in the bed either so that option is out the window too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
MedicineMan
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing