1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
One of the reasons I'm mainly looking elsewhere, unless the 2020 can change my mind. I don't want to spend that much money on a vehicle that Nissan only puts 31k units worth of effort into. That amount of effort is very apparent in recent iterations of the Titan and several other cars outside the Altima and Rogue.

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
The negative posts here will help it’s demise and they are only a fraction of owners out there. The internet is as damaging as its useful. I have no complaints about my truck.

Clint

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The two Titans I bought Brand new where awesome the two I bought used sadly where not taken care of by previous owner. I have always been happy with my Titans even with the problems. Why they don’t offer a 6 cyl and a true 250-2500 is beyond me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
I read somewhere Nissan is satisfied with the Titan volume.. and they must be since they invested over 100 million dollars in the new nine speed tranny...

Think of Mc Donalds and their Filet o Fish sandwich... They provide a choice for the oddball in the group who doesn't want a Big Mac....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dunno if that isn't a bit overblown. This is based on the 2019 market share numbers that were just released. Titan + XD sold pretty close to the Ridgeline and you don't hear them saying that Toyota is going to axe that one. Add to that the news that Consumer Reports rates Titan the second best reliability of the full size half-ton trucks (Tundra scores better by a mile, but everyone else is behind Titan). It's not all doom and gloom. Note also that numbers are almost always depressed once a new model is announced; a few buyers are probably holding out for the 2020.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You mean Honda right? Anyway, I really like my19 Pro4x and really couldn't see getting one of the big three when I'm ready for a change.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens with the 2020 model and if it's enough to win back the market. The 2020 truck looks competitive so far on paper, with a sunroof and modern infotainment system that the 2016-2018 (and 2019 to a good extent) were woefully lacking. The questions is how many of their most loyal customers (us) have already bought 2016-2019 models and how many of us have been burned by ongoing and frustrating issues? During my first year of ownership of my Titan, I advocated for the Titan to friends who were looking to buy new trucks as a great value proposition. However, after having the motor replaced and talking to as many different dealers as I have in my travels and hearing the same story everywhere I go and here on these forums; I don't advocate for Nissan at all anymore. Also, one buddy of mine bought a 2019 Silverado LTZ w/ the tech package and I was riding in his truck and it really opened my eyes to how utter garbage the infotainment unit in my 2017 PR is. I'd never seen android auto actually in-use in a vehicle before, which is probably why I wasn't too bothered by its omission when I was purchasing my truck and knew it didn't have it. Now that I've seen it, I'm really annoyed that my 2017 PR doesn't have it.

Reactions: LaxDfns15

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
If negative forum posts make a world-wide auto dealer give up on something then several someones aren't doing their job. While most other dealers are active on forums and social media, Nissan is all but ignoring it. Instead of ignoring requests, or taking half a decade to fix them, be active and engaged, take notes, make adjustments. Have a presence. The 2020 Titan is what should have been revealed in 2016/2017.

I love my truck. I've upgraded the radio to Android Auto, it still runs great, and it's been paid off since 2014. In terms of reliability and power I'd put my truck up against any equally-outfitted newer model with the 390-ish HP engines (RAM, Titan, Ford, Tundra). Honestly, if my Titan was a Crew Cab I wouldn't even be considering a new truck, but I can barely fit a passenger plus my 2 toddlers in the truck at the same time. My 2.5 year old has been able to kick the back of the passenger seat since he was 1.5, so it's only gotten worse. Plus the ride quality of a 12 year old truck is light years behind the newer models.

But because I need a bigger cab I have 2 options: Buy a used 2015 Titan and go backwards in terms of electronics and performance or buy new/slightly used. I'm not spending equal money on a truck that's not equal to the competition. I know a lot of people go "A truck should be used as a truck, why do you need all that interior garbage?" Well have fun in your stripped down truck. My truck is where I spend the third most amount of time behind work and home, so it needs to be able to provide the comforts I want. For it to have taken Nissan until 2019/2020 to put Android Auto/Apple CarPlay in their trucks is laughable.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There are plenty models that sell 10-50k units per year. Just because the Titan is in a class that has a **** ton of fleet vehicles and brand loyalists doesn't mean they should can it...

Pending a test drive, I'm planning on trading my 2018 in on a 2020 Titan since it won't cost me a whole lot to get some meaningful upgrades and a reset odometer. Doesn't bother me one bit that other people don't like them or won't buy them. In fact, I prefer it that way because I don't like owning something that's everywhere you look.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pending a test drive, I'm planning on trading my 2018 in on a 2020 Titan since it won't cost me a whole lot ...
Best of luck. Maybe a Nissan dealer will have mercy on you, but I tried to get rid of my Titan at the end of 2019 and the trade-in values I was getting offered were absolutely terrible. In my area, at least, I'm going to have to take a big loss to get out of it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Best of luck. Maybe a Nissan dealer will have mercy on you, but I tried to get rid of my Titan at the end of 2019 and the trade-in values I was getting offered were absolutely terrible. In my area, at least, I'm going to have to take a big loss to get out of it.
I'll be selling private party. And I got a pretty massive discount when I bought the truck, and will only trade with a similar discount on the new one.

·
Registered
477 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I see a counter-narrative. Practically every time a new version of a vehicle comes out they make notable updates and upgrades. Just compare the 2016-17 Titan with its predecessors. This trend is inevitable across all lines.

But it doesn't mean that the prior vehicles are obsolete. My paid off 2017 still impresses me and my friends (and colleagues). Consider, the average age of a vehicle on US roads through 2019 was 11 years. Sure there are people buying 2020s with tech and refinement bragging rights but there are a lot more people who will have a 2015 or older vehicle. That's definitely the case in my network and when those people see my truck -- a 2017 -- they are amazed at its features and technology and regularly compliment my Titan in contrast to their own cars and trucks.

With that said I'm impressed with the new features on the 2020, but I'm sure I will be impressed even more with the 2023. Death watch? Hardly.

Reactions: TBPs

·
Registered
245 Posts

You sir are some what of a "Wordsmith". The title of the thread by itself is reason enough to click on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I see a counter-narrative. Practically every time a new version of a vehicle comes out they make notable updates and upgrades. Just compare the 2016-17 Titan with its predecessors. This trend is inevitable across all lines.

But it doesn't mean that the prior vehicles are obsolete. My paid off 2017 still impresses me and my friends (and colleagues). Consider, the average age of a vehicle on US roads through 2019 was 11 years. Sure there are people buying 2020s with tech and refinement bragging rights but there are a lot more people who will have a 2015 or older vehicle. That's definitely the case in my network and when those people see my truck -- a 2017 -- they are amazed at its features and technology and regularly compliment my Titan in contrast to their own cars and trucks.

With that said I'm impressed with the new features on the 2020, but I'm sure I will be impressed even more with the 2023. Death watch? Hardly.
I agree with you. I've owned an F150, Ram 1500, and a Tundra prior to owning my Titan XD. Hands down the XD was my best vehicle of all of them. All my friends that either ride with me or borrow my truck are amazed by it - many of which are Ford and Ram owners. I travel a lot for work and often rent other trucks for work - Ford, Ram, and Chevy. I have no earthly idea why people would buy one of those trucks personally. I can see why people buy Tundras. If I didn't own a Titan, I'd go back to a Tundra (even with the bad brakes, slip yoke issue, frame flex, and all - I'd just live with it). No way would I own a Ford or Ram. Chevy might be a possibility depending on what it was.

In terms of sales numbers, so many of the Ram and Fod numbers come from company vehicle sales. Many companies buy these for their workers. Strangely, I've seen a lot of agricultural companies move away from Chevy in the last few years over to Ram. Some have stuck with Ford. Its funny though, when I meet with the guys with their company trucks, they all want to talk about mine......All vehicles have their fair share of issues, there are no perfect manufacturers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree with you. I've owned an F150, Ram 1500, and a Tundra prior to owning my Titan XD. Hands down the XD was my best vehicle of all of them. All my friends that either ride with me or borrow my truck are amazed by it - many of which are Ford and Ram owners. I travel a lot for work and often rent other trucks for work - Ford, Ram, and Chevy. I have no earthly idea why people would buy one of those trucks personally. I can see why people buy Tundras. If I didn't own a Titan, I'd go back to a Tundra (even with the bad brakes, slip yoke issue, frame flex, and all - I'd just live with it). No way would I own a Ford or Ram. Chevy might be a possibility depending on what it was.

In terms of sales numbers, so many of the Ram and Fod numbers come from company vehicle sales. Many companies buy these for their workers. Strangely, I've seen a lot of agricultural companies move away from Chevy in the last few years over to Ram. Some have stuck with Ford. Its funny though, when I meet with the guys with their company trucks, they all want to talk about mine......All vehicles have their fair share of issues, there are no perfect manufacturers.
X2 (GM,Ram,F150 previous)
and btw Chevy and GM are the same so they are probably still #2;), sorry Ram (car)

·
Registered
57 Posts

X2:)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The negative posts here will help it’s demise and they are only a fraction of owners out there. The internet is as damaging as its useful. I have no complaints about my truck.

Clint
Then maybe Nissan should give us more ammo to post more positive posts. Both my Titans were flops. My 1st generation was plagued by front and rear axle failures, manifold failures and host of other problems. My 2nd Titan needed a new engine after 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read somewhere Nissan is satisfied with the Titan volume.. and they must be since they invested over 100 million dollars in the new nine speed tranny...

Think of Mc Donalds and their Filet o Fish sandwich... They provide a choice for the oddball in the group who doesn't want a Big Mac....
Or to appeal to catholics.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts