Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Then maybe Nissan should give us more ammo to post more positive posts. Both my Titans were flops. My 1st generation was plagued by front and rear axle failures, manifold failures and host of other problems. My 2nd Titan needed a new engine after 15,000 miles.
This! Having an engine replaced in a brand new truck sucks. I'm not happy with Nissan at all. I'm heading to dealer tomorrow after having my short block replaced. My engine still isn't right. They deserve the bad press.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
The 2019 Titan has 2013 Rogue tech in it. The 2020 we've seen so little of we don't know yet, but so far it looks like they're playing catch up to 2017/2018 competitors. If Nissan continues to just play catch up with their own vehicles or competitors eventually it's going to cost them more than they want to spend, and at the end of the day money drives the company.

Frontier sales DESTROY the Titan sales, even on a 15 year old platform.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'll be selling private party. And I got a pretty massive discount when I bought the truck, and will only trade with a similar discount on the new one.
Whenever I've compared selling private to trading in it seems to pretty much come out a wash. The reduced sales tax on the new rig from the trade in on the old seems to make up the difference of any extra cash that could be gotten from the private sale. I was somewhat considering trying the same thing, until I saw the recent forum post where someone said their 2019 Titan seems to be developing the knock. Makes me wonder if the 2020 is going to have the same issue as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
X2 (GM,Ram,F150 previous)
and btw Chevy and GM are the same so they are probably still #2;), sorry Ram (car)
True, the reported combined Sierrado sales were 802,962 slotting them between RAM (633,694) and Ford (896,526). GM also was affected in the later part of the year by the UAW strike which slowed sales across the brands.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Nissan Titan isn’t going anywhere. I’ve been privileged enough to work for two automotive manufacturers (Toyota for 16.5 years and my current employer for over 6 years) and I’ve owned several Tundra’s and currently have a 2019 Titan Pro-4X. I had a 2017 SL Titan that was hit so I traded up to the Pro-4X. Hands down the Titan has been my favorite truck and I have had zero issues out of either of the ones I have or had. Granted NISSAN doesn’t have the volume anywhere near the big 3 or Toyota but unlike the big 3 Nissan does minimal fleet sales for Titan. A significant portion of the big 3’s volume is fleet sales so the numbers are misleading. The 2020 Titan has several needed upgrades to better compete with the big 3 (panoramic roof, large display, upgraded fascia’s, etc) and while that may seem minor those type changes require huge investments to implement. If the plan was eliminating the Titan there would be minimal to zero additional investments to minimize the risk of further depleting profits. So to sum up a very long post the Titan will be here for many, many years to come.

·
Registered
39 Posts
First, I LOVE my Titan XD. Its a badass truck. Had a guy come up to me 2 days ago and tell me how amazing the truck looks, said it looked like a +$60K truck. I don't understand the whole "larger display" request. The stock displays in the SV, Pro4X, and PR is no different that any Ford or Chevy - and I just spent the day in a 2019 Ford F250 Super Duty for work. If you want a bigger display, go drop $1K on the Phoenix 12.1 screen, which is insanely cool. It's only $1K. Nissan should seriously consider selling it as an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I understand the sentiment, I get frustrated myself at times b/c I know how good the Titan is compared to the competition but the sales are very low and I blame Nissan for doing a bad job of marketing the truck. If I ride a work buddy that owns another brand, I get lots of comments about "oh big money" and how nice the truck looks knowing I paid similar to what they did only I have a much nicer truck with more features. If I price out a Titan compared to Ford or Ram, feature for feature, the Titan is a better price given the discounts I know I can get. I had a new Silverado (with 3k miles on it) as a rental while my truck was getting body damage repaired and I don't know what it is about that truck people like. Yes, the screen itself was better and it had CarPlay/AA but the backup camera was amazingly horrific and mostly unusable. God forbid you actually wanted to use the backup camera at night. The 2020 Titan with the 9" display will have a nicer display than that what other manufacturers offer with maybe the exception of the 12" screen offered in the Ram.

One of the "features" in the Silverado rental I had was a button below the climate control that lowered all 4 windows at once. I can't say I've ever needed that feature in my life and it baffles me why it's even an option. I'd have much rather had a drivers seat with a manual height adjustment (since the seat was all manual) so I didn't feel like a 90 year old trying to peer over the steering wheel. I'm 5'10" so I'm not super short. Plus the truck wallowed all over the place...yeah it was smooth but I don't need my truck to be a Cadillac.

I'm on FB forums for Ram and Ford trucks...they all have the potential for problems based on what I see. Let's not even start on how some Jeep Gladiator guys/gals are finding out their truck was built with dissimilar fenders on the left and right of the vehicle, among what seems like A LOT of other problems.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I understand the sentiment, I get frustrated myself at times b/c I know how good the Titan is compared to the competition but the sales are very low and I blame Nissan for doing a bad job of marketing the truck. If I ride a work buddy that owns another brand, I get lots of comments about "oh big money" and how nice the truck looks knowing I paid similar to what they did only I have a much nicer truck with more features. If I price out a Titan compared to Ford or Ram, feature for feature, the Titan is a better price given the discounts I know I can get. I had a new Silverado (with 3k miles on it) as a rental while my truck was getting body damage repaired and I don't know what it is about that truck people like. Yes, the screen itself was better and it had CarPlay/AA but the backup camera was amazingly horrific and mostly unusable. God forbid you actually wanted to use the backup camera at night. The 2020 Titan with the 9" display will have a nicer display than that what other manufacturers offer with maybe the exception of the 12" screen offered in the Ram.

One of the "features" in the Silverado rental I had was a button below the climate control that lowered all 4 windows at once. I can't say I've ever needed that feature in my life and it baffles me why it's even an option. I'd have much rather had a drivers seat with a manual height adjustment (since the seat was all manual) so I didn't feel like a 90 year old trying to peer over the steering wheel. I'm 5'10" so I'm not super short. Plus the truck wallowed all over the place...yeah it was smooth but I don't need my truck to be a Cadillac.

I'm on FB forums for Ram and Ford trucks...they all have the potential for problems based on what I see. Let's not even start on how some Jeep Gladiator guys/gals are finding out their truck was built with dissimilar fenders on the left and right of the vehicle, among what seems like A LOT of other problems.
They call that Fart button in the Silverado!

·
Registered
39 Posts
That 2019 F250 I rode in was only 3 months old, and while I was riding in it, we had a "death wobble" in the front suspension that basically shook the front end uncontrollably going down the freeway at 75 mph. My buddy and co-worker said that was the first time with this particular truck, but said he had it happen on his last F250 at least a half dozen times. Sounds like a recurring issue with the Ford's. Bottom line is, every manufacturer and truck has some kind of problems. If you like the truck enough, you just deal with the problems. If you don't like it enough, you get on message boards and complain about it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
One of the reasons I'm mainly looking elsewhere, unless the 2020 can change my mind. I don't want to spend that much money on a vehicle that Nissan only puts 31k units worth of effort into. That amount of effort is very apparent in recent iterations of the Titan and several other cars outside the Altima and Rogue.
As bad as Ram reliability is, I don't put much credence in the US buying public. They buy based on "look at me" instead of what will last me the long haul.

·
Registered
153 Posts
As bad as Ram reliability is, I don't put much credence in the US buying public. They buy based on "look at me" instead of what will last me the long haul.
Not me. I was all Kawasaki for many years. Sport, Dual Sport, Sport Touring, Cruisers. They made them all and were rock solid. Tried the Goldwing but both my wife and I felt uncomfortable on it. Now that I don't have dependents anymore I have moved on to Harley, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Royal Enfield, etc. All about experiences for me.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
I'm still fuming that they got rid of the power up/down rear window that was like 2 feet wide. NONE of the new pickups available have an attractive looking rear window, Ford's is the worst.

Hoping to get another 10 years out of my 2005 which will make it around 25 years old then. Its bought and paid for, does what I need, and I know where it's been.

These new trucks all have too much fluff, bells and whistles, useless stuff to go fail down the road. $40-60k for a half ton truck, that's insane.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm still fuming that they got rid of the power up/down rear window that was like 2 feet wide. NONE of the new pickups available have an attractive looking rear window, Ford's is the worst.

Hoping to get another 10 years out of my 2005 which will make it around 25 years old then. Its bought and paid for, does what I need, and I know where it's been.

These new trucks all have too much fluff, bells and whistles, useless stuff to go fail down the road. $40-60k for a half ton truck, that's insane.
The Tundra's entire rear window goes down. But I agree. I'm not sure why they didn't use the same rear window that the 1st gens had. It was superior to the 2nd gen window. That and the lack of sunroof were my two main gripes, but the rest of the truck is great.

Also agreed it's ridiculous/insane how much new trucks cost. The Ford and GM trucks can get over $80k, and somehow they sell tons in that trim level. My income isn't what I'd call low, but there's no way I'm spending that kind of money on a vehicle. I got my loaded Pro4X for $42k and that's about as much as I'll pay for a 1/2 ton truck.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The Nissan Titan isn’t going anywhere. I’ve been privileged enough to work for two automotive manufacturers (Toyota for 16.5 years and my current employer for over 6 years) and I’ve owned several Tundra’s and currently have a 2019 Titan Pro-4X. I had a 2017 SL Titan that was hit so I traded up to the Pro-4X. Hands down the Titan has been my favorite truck and I have had zero issues out of either of the ones I have or had. Granted NISSAN doesn’t have the volume anywhere near the big 3 or Toyota but unlike the big 3 Nissan does minimal fleet sales for Titan. A significant portion of the big 3’s volume is fleet sales so the numbers are misleading. The 2020 Titan has several needed upgrades to better compete with the big 3 (panoramic roof, large display, upgraded fascia’s, etc) and while that may seem minor those type changes require huge investments to implement. If the plan was eliminating the Titan there would be minimal to zero additional investments to minimize the risk of further depleting profits. So to sum up a very long post the Titan will be here for many, many years to come.
And you're some kind of authority on this how?

·
Registered
611 Posts
The Tundra's entire rear window goes down. But I agree. I'm not sure why they didn't use the same rear window that the 1st gens had. It was superior to the 2nd gen window.
Agree. I'm guessing it was a cost cutting move. I always thought if Nissan would have the giant roll down back window on all Titans Trims not just the crew cabs, they would move a lot more units. Same with the Tundra and the whole window is even better … they must hold a patent.?.

I remember old chevy station wagons had that feature though so who knows.

·
Premium Member
69,507 Posts
You know how these Titan experts are.

hogwash.gif

Reactions: TA CC TX
21 - 40 of 162 Posts