Nissan Titan Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Nissan Titan ranked #2. Right behind the Tundra for reliability according to Consumer Reports.
LOL. CR is a bunch of garbage. Unless you rank reliability as bad transmission shifting problems, the Titan shakes and a full engine replacement.

·
Registered
104 Posts
LOL. CR is a bunch of garbage. Unless you rank reliability as bad transmission shifting problems, the Titan shakes and a full engine replacement.
Its not bad on older trucks. Like if you looking at 2014 Ram. The buyers guide is pretty accurate. Future reliability on a new vehicle means nothing. I would take that with a grain salt. With exception of Tundra I think all trucks out there are crap.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Its not bad on older trucks. Like if you looking at 2014 Ram. The buyers guide is pretty accurate. Future reliability on a new vehicle means nothing. I would take that with a grain salt. With exception of Tundra I think all trucks out there are crap.
Yep... All crap and it could be worse we could have paid $10k plus for an F150 with a 5.0 that burns a few quarts every 1000 miles...and Fords fix is a longer oil dipstick!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yep... All crap and it could be worse we could have paid $10k plus for an F150 with a 5.0 that burns a few quarts every 1000 miles...and Fords fix is a longer oil dipstick!!!!
My old boss works at the local Ford dealership. He said there having a ton issues with newer 5.0L. You would think they would have got it right. Ford has been making that motor forever. My favorite recall was on drive shaft on the 18' Rams. Imagine your going down interstate and see your drive shaft flying out from under your vehicle lol.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Would never buy a Chrysler …. errr Ram. Just say no.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I think the Rams look great and I like the 12" screen option but can't make myself buy one much less test drive one. Another FCA product...I'm on a Jeep Gladiator FB group, just to see what people are saying about them. There are weird QC issues I see come up like the fender on once side of the vehicle different that the fender on the other side. LED turn signal on one side, incandescent bulb on the other. Among other issues but those are a couple that stand out. Stupid, simple stuff that should be obvious before it went out the door.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I think the Rams look great and I like the 12" screen option but can't make myself buy one much less test drive one. Another FCA product...I'm on a Jeep Gladiator FB group, just to see what people are saying about them. There are weird QC issues I see come up like the fender on once side of the vehicle different that the fender on the other side. LED turn signal on one side, incandescent bulb on the other. Among other issues but those are a couple that stand out. Stupid, simple stuff that should be obvious before it went out the door.
It’s amazing what they let get by, some in the industry say it’s cheaper to have it fixed later on.

Clint

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
It’s amazing what they let get by, some in the industry say it’s cheaper to have it fixed later on.

Clint
My brother in law worked at the BMW plant in SC for a couple years. He said there where times where the car had one wrong thing like the wrong seat or the wrong head unit in the car (seemingly easy fix whatever it was) and BMW would just crush them. It was cheaper to crush the whole car than fix the part. Lol. He saw it happen more than once!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Good luck with your Titan. Everyone who has been in my truck comments on how well it rides and how comfortable it is, even Ford, Ram and Chevy owners.

Clint

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Meh, every make has their problems. On my Titan the suspension was not the same between sides. My UCA's did not fit the same when I changed them out, but that's just stuff that gets past inspection. Same exact manifold design for 11+ years anyone? Seriously no one is bringing those up?

So far I've been extremely happy with my RAM, and it has a ton of features that my 2008 did not have like OEM traction bars, fog lights on with parking lights, rear sway bar, etc. I know the newer Titans have some of these, but I haven't seen traction bars on them.

Nissan's issue (in my eyes) is that they're continuously playing catch up with other brands, but they want to sell the trucks for similar or higher prices while also reducing options. Once again, for me personally, when I build a 2020 I have 0 options on a Pro4X because I want leather. I pick leather, I get no chance to make any other changes other than accessories.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Meh, every make has their problems. On my Titan the suspension was not the same between sides. My UCA's did not fit the same when I changed them out, but that's just stuff that gets past inspection. Same exact manifold design for 11+ years anyone? Seriously no one is bringing those up?

So far I've been extremely happy with my RAM, and it has a ton of features that my 2008 did not have like OEM traction bars, fog lights on with parking lights, rear sway bar, etc. I know the newer Titans have some of these, but I haven't seen traction bars on them.

Nissan's issue (in my eyes) is that they're continuously playing catch up with other brands, but they want to sell the trucks for similar or higher prices while also reducing options. Once again, for me personally, when I build a 2020 I have 0 options on a Pro4X because I want leather. I pick leather, I get no chance to make any other changes other than accessories.
In the past in some states it wasn’t legal to have fogs on without low beam headlights, since you have that now something has had to change. I had a rented 2019 Ram Longhorn for just over a month, it was very nice but preferred the Titan. If I went diesel I’d do a 2500 Ram.

Clint

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
In the past in some states it wasn’t legal to have fogs on without low beam headlights, since you have that now something has had to change. I had a rented 2019 Ram Longhorn for just over a month, it was very nice but preferred the Titan. If I went diesel I’d do a 2500 Ram.

Clint
I unfortunately have not spent much more time than a test drive in a newer Titan, but I just did a 4 hour one way trip with the RAM. I'd say I was definitely more comfortable than my Titan (expected), and it was more comfortable than our 2018 Pathfinder. I didn't fidget nearly as much as normal. Nissan's "intelligent" cruise control just makes me want to rip the controls out of the steering wheel, so I usually end up not using it as much in our Pathfinder. Because of this, I tend to feel more uncomfortable on long trips in it.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Meh, every make has their problems.
Doesn't make it right just because brand X has a problem.

The Titans that vibrate, have transmission shifting issues and more recently engine replacements...NEVER should have left the factory.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Doesn't make it right just because brand X has a problem.

The Titans that vibrate, have transmission shifting issues and more recently engine replacements...NEVER should have left the factory.
I completely agree, but expecting something with 30,000+ individual parts in it to not have any issues is like expecting Nissan to give you a truck for free. It's not going to happen. Forums tend to get the most views of vehicle issues because they turn into an echo chamber of issues. The tens of thousands of happy drivers with no problems rarely ever go hunting online for issues if they're not having them.

If 0 issues is your idea of a good product, then you don't work in the real world. My department creates custom-fit surgical tools down to a tolerance of +/- 0.025mm, and we still get parts with issues that get past inspection.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts