Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING!!!!!!
I just had my Titan Crewcab Frame bend while towing a 21 foot Toyhauler I was using a equalizing Hitch and was well under the 9500lb towing capacity.
I am out of waranty as it is a 2004 but be warned.
I will keep you all posted as this is a serious flaw in engineering.
Story begins as
I was towing my trailer to California City to ride in the desert this weekend and hit several long bumps and the frame just above shocks bent. Its off about 2" you can tell by the bed. and the hitch is now pointing down.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Please As I do love my Titan but now has me concerned.

·
Super Moderator
93,714 Posts
Do you have pictures you can post for us?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
What's a "LONG Bump"??

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Box frame bent??? HMMMMMM..........

You didn't buy this truck in New Orleans did you??

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Please post some pictures. I think this is the first time anyone has ever brought up a problem like this.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Were you ditch diving again ?????

·
Super Moderator
36,629 Posts
new2image said:
WARNING!!!!!!
I just had my Titan Crewcab Frame bend while towing a 21 foot Toyhauler I was using a equalizing Hitch and was well under the 9500lb towing capacity.
I am out of waranty as it is a 2004 but be warned.
I will keep you all posted as this is a serious flaw in engineering.
Story begins as
I was towing my trailer to California City to ride in the desert this weekend and hit several long bumps at 25-30 mph and the frame just above shocks bent. Its off about 2" you can tell by the bed. and the hitch is now pointing down.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Please As I do love my Titan but now has me concerned.
BTW/JFYI:

That 9500 pound rating is for a Big Tow equipped KingCab, not a CrewCab.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I believe this is the first time hearing this...I'd still like to see where the frame buckled...

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd like to see some pics of this. I haven't heard of any frame problems.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Very interesting, pictures please.

·
Registered
503 Posts
In answer to your question, NO. No one has experienced this problem because it is highly unlikely.

Please provide photos to show this obvious 2" distortion in your boxed frame.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Interesting first post, I've never heard of this with the Titan, post some pictures.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here you guys go!!!
And yes it DID happen..... for those who are questioning it... The bumps were between 8-12" high about 3-4 feet long and a series of 3 of them.... long whoop de dos as we call them going about 10-15 mph. The trailer is a Vortex Viper 21 foot toyhauler unladen about 5500 lbs it had about 1500lbs extra weight inside with a proper equalizing hitch and sway control.
Going to a frame shop today and visiting The Nissan dealer to get their take and then to insurance to start a claim.

Attachments

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will also post some pics while at the Frame shop..... it buckled just at the Curve above the axle also I do have firestone airbags but they were only at 10lbs of pressure. I have been towing with it since new and NEVER had a problem until this weekend.
Also taking the trailer to a weighing station to get an accurate weight just in case.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hmm, I think he just showed his truck with the bent frame. I'd say you are f*#ked.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
You sure it didn't fall off a lift or something? But for real that truck is probably totaled.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dude that sucks. Is it still under warranty?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Is it 2wd or 4wd??

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.