Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,686 Posts
you should be able to find it on the door sticker, i believe. i might be mixing it up with my old frontier though

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Door sticker is not accurate. Only options if undrivable are looking at the sticker on the differential snout or pulling it apart and counting teeth.

Do not rely on the door sticker. About half the time, it is incorrect.

Reactions: Daniellej03

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
One other option is to pull the rear driveshaft, pop the yoke (sans driveshaft) back in the rear of the transmission so you don't spray fluid everywhere and burn up your trans, and put the truck on jack stands, engage 4wd, and run it up to 70mph on the speedo. Look at the tach to see if you're turning 1750 or 2000rpm. The former is 2.94 gears, the latter 3.36.

If you try this, have someone watch the yoke to be sure it doesn't back out and cause you issues. Probably easier and definitely safer to check the diff sticker (not the door sticker) or count teeth.

Reactions: Daniellej03

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Door sticker is not accurate. Only options if undrivable are looking at the sticker on the differential snout or pulling it apart and counting teeth.

Do not rely on the door sticker. About half the time, it is incorrect.
Where is the best place to purchase a rear end

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,686 Posts
Best is Nissan but realistically the most efficient is probably going to be a junkyard, craigslist, or ebay.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
If your housing is still good, the best option is to get a local differential shop to rebuild yours. If you have a scored housing or a crack or something, junkyard is the most economical.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If possible, Mark your tire and pinion flange. Truck in neutral, turn your tire on full turn. Count how many times the pinion goes around. That is your ratio. 2.xx or 3.xx

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you have tow mirrors, tranny temp gauge, etc you should have the bigger axle ratio. sometimes vindecoderz can tell you What’s in it sometimes not. Mine has the 3.36 as it has the big tow package. And the aux tranny cooler thrown in...

what others said about stickers and rotating the drive shaft are spot on ways if you have nothing to work with.
whatever you do, make sure you put same axle ratio in front as back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts