Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a 2.5in level kit on my truck for awhile now and its been fine, today I put new struts,wheel bearings and brakes. When I got don't the suspension is maxed upper arms just sitting on the coil bucket? I figured it needed to settle so i drove it around and it feels like lowered truck with no suspension and is still sitting maxed out I like the look but the ride is terrible. Has anyone ran into this or heard of this, I'm sure I'll get you need upper arms but it was fine before. Any help would be appreciated guys thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
More info required. Which struts? What year truck? Did you manage to flip the swaybar and wedge it somehow so the front won't flex? Or perhaps you have something tight or wedged in the strut mount or the arms?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Its a 2005 I took off oem parts off and put struttek struts which are çheap but I needed some bad so I bought them and I don't think I got anything flipped I used to be a mechanic so I kinda know what's up but this has never happened to me and has got me stumped I'm thinking it's the cheap struts but idk everything looks normal

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
We're the struts preloaded or did you swap your springs? And if preloaded, did you compare them against your old struts (or can you) to confirm length is appropriate?

One last thought: is there any kind of stop on the piston shaft which might need to be adjusted or removed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were ready to install I didn't actually take the struts apart at all and I put them next to the olds ones and they were the same size. On the strut install instructions its says will appear to make heighth of vehicle higher and to allow time for them to basically break in but I've installed many struts and have never seen this much heighth difference from old to new. I guess I'll drive it for a day and see what happens?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I'd be back on my old struts. Broken front suspension pieces from all that stiffness and contact are dangerous on the road and expensive to fix. But that's just me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The coils on the new struts have 8 rings as my old ones have 5 so I'm wondering if they sent me struts for a newer titan but the overall strut wàs the same heighth

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Sounds like the coils are wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if they are low quality and flatten out over time (a lot) but the first few trips will be hell on your suspension and the wear on parts isn't worth the so-called savings, in my mind. Plus, once the sag to normal height (provided they ever do) you'll get coil stack when they're under compression and limit your travel then. Bad deal all around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, I usually buy Nissan parts for this reason exactly I don't expect them to last long now I'm gunna probably end up buying OEM struts but first I'll take out the spacers and see where it sits. Right now I literally can't push the suspension down at all its like blocks of wood in place of struts there ****. I guess that's what I get trying to save a dime.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Are you 2wd? It sounds like your struts might have pro4x springs on them.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'll probably be selling my oem struts and rear shocks after i get the billys on this weekend. They have about 4k on them. They are off my 15 sv 4x4. No springs though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I took the spacers out and it sits level, I don't understand how its just as high as it was but I guess I'll take it. It rides good and now it won't make upper arm and coil bucket contact. Im wondering if its gunna drop in the front but I guess time will tell that. Thanks for your input I guess case closed lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts