6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
dang they used Gweasel's truck! Marty runs that place and he is really cool. Pinoytitan has a video of him racing marty in his 500+ HP stroker motor Ram. Of course, Pinoy got beat LOL. They are about an hour away from me. I might as well just save up for that, then save for some trans work and pump up the boost

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
dang they used Gweasel's truck! Marty runs that place and he is really cool. Pinoytitan has a video of him racing marty in his 500+ HP stroker motor Ram. Of course, Pinoy got beat LOL. They are about an hour away from me. I might as well just save up for that, then save for some trans work and pump up the boost
I knew it. LOL How would the stock tranny hold up to 5lbs of boost and 400 HP?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Well, I sure have given my trans some hell with a 100 shot and some 125 shots. I think it would hold for a hwile, but obviously wouldn't be as reliable as a stock Titan. I think it would be ok, just wouldn''t feel safe romping on it all over the place like I do now. It looks like they sell the kit for 2999.00, not bad, plus I could have Uprev before hand, so that would be a couple hundred less....Yeah i think thats what I will do, just wait a little longer and go Turbo.....maybe

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Well, I sure have given my trans some hell with a 100 shot and some 125 shots. I think it would hold for a hwile, but obviously wouldn't be as reliable as a stock Titan. I think it would be ok, just wouldn''t feel safe romping on it all over the place like I do now. It looks like they sell the kit for 2999.00, not bad, plus I could have Uprev before hand, so that would be a couple hundred less....Yeah i think thats what I will do, just wait a little longer and go Turbo.....maybe
Hell yea!! Run CAI, exhaust, headers and a turbo.(low 13 second T) That's all a Titan would ever need. Then someone could build the tranny and turn the boost up.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
This is the turbo kit I was talking about a while back and didn't do it due to possible transmission problems... So I bought a 240sx and slapping a borgwarner S372 on her lol

Now that this titan turbo kit is avail, I think I"m gonna do it. I think I should add the JWT cvtcs cams first and make a lil more powa first. I'd bet I would make over 400rwhp on 5psi with cams.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Has any of the company's turbo Titans gone to the track?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
A few good points were brought up on CT concerning this kit.

What quality Turbo is it? E.G. What type of bearings are used?

There is no Intercooler.

My questions are:

What variety of Bearings are used in Turbos?

When do you need/want an intercooler and can that be added in and how?

Overall, it seems like a great start for those that want to go Turbo. Having the Plumbing and UpRev Tuning are its greatest assets, but I'm not real knowledgeable on Turbo quality issues. My personal experience is limited to their use on Diesels, not Hot Rods (no such thing as "Tuners" when I grew up).

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
This is the turbo kit I was talking about a while back and didn't do it due to possible transmission problems... So I bought a 240sx and slapping a borgwarner S372 on her lol

Now that this titan turbo kit is avail, I think I"m gonna do it. I think I should add the JWT cvtcs cams first and make a lil more powa first. I'd bet I would make over 400rwhp on 5psi with cams.

I'd bet more than that!! I thought I read somewhere that 1psi is 16hp.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I don't know, everyone keeps saying no intercooler, but when I go tot the link Deerslayer provided, there is an intercooler right there: Here it is: http://axztm.huwab.servertrust.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=intercool003

Its a couple products down: http://axztm.huwab.servertrust.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=99

Its on a list that still says Nissan Titan at the top of the page, so I'm sure its either included or you could add it
From what I can tell it has one. Hell lets call them Moday.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know, everyone keeps saying no intercooler, but when I go tot the link Deerslayer provided, there is an intercooler right there: Here it is: http://axztm.huwab.servertrust.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=intercool003

Its a couple products down: http://axztm.huwab.servertrust.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=99

Its on a list that still says Nissan Titan at the top of the page, so I'm sure its either included or you could add it
From what I read about turbos so far, if your only boosting 5#, an intercooler is not necessary in many cases. If 20' of oil line is supplied, does that mean the turbo is rear mounted? If it is rear mounted, then there is no need to consider an intercooler even as an option at only 5# of boost.

"Turbo outlet temps at 5 psi boost were 175F and intake temps were 115F which is about 52% efficient."

·
Registered
140 Posts
for those interested, a couple more products down from the actual intercooler kit is the installed price for it with the turbo kit.

they want $999 for the intercooler kit installed which would bring our grand total of turbo kit and intercooler to $5998 installed or $3398 uninstalled with the current "sale" pricing + the price of a bulletproof tranny.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Unless the kit comes with a built Chevy tranny with adapter, I'm gonna pass. :teethmast

I decided that if I ever want a boosted vehicle, I'll either get a Ford L or a turbo diesel truck. The Titan is a good truck in n/a applications.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts