Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today in my email I was sent a link to a Nissan Titan survey regarding the 2005 4x4 LE Galaxy Black Crew cab truck I bought new in 2005 and traded in last month. I answered all the questions honestly - even though I am sure they did not want to hear about all the reasons I was turned off to buying the new 2016 Titan XD Platinum Edition I had such a hard time arranging a test drive - as well as the long list of reliability and repair issues I suffered in the 2005 truck. I do not know if it will help them get their ducks in a row - but I felt I needed to try. Maybe with the suggestions and feedback I offered - they can build better trucks?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My titan replacement - have already started the mods. Toyota TRD wheels with 305 65 18 BFG KO '2s Bilstein 6112 front shocks and springs 5160 rear shocks with the optional billet res clamps - Truxedo tool box and Morimota LED Fog lights. Weathertech mats to keep the interior nice.kStance set up level 3" lift over factory. Not going nutz with this ride like i did on the Titan - Just want it nice and right from the start.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Can we ask the price?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
My titan replacement - have already started the mods. Toyota TRD wheels with 305 65 18 BFG KO '2s Bilstein 6120 front shocks and springs 5160 rear shocks with the optional billet res clamps - Truxedo tool box and Morimota LED Fog lights. Weathertech mats to keep the interior nice.kStance set up level 3" lift over factory. Not going nutz with this ride like i did on the Titan - Just want it nice and right from the start.
I think you already have a great start. The blue looks great with the 1794 interior...sweet looking indeed!

Reactions: royr

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Can we ask the price?
Sure why not - I probably spent more than I should - but I need a truck out here on the Ranch or I can't get much done. I did some shopping and came home with the new Tundra for 47500 plus sales tax and DMV fees after the Toyota rebate. Found a brand new set of WeatherTech mats off Craig's List for 120 bucks. The Truxedo tool box moved over from the Titan before I traded - just needed new brackets and clamps to fit. Truxedo was very kind and supplied them at no charge when I bought a new Truxedo Duce bed cover for the Tundra (Not installed yet - waiting for this weekend) I found a new set of 2016 TRD dealer takeoff wheels in 18" off eBay for 760 bucks - Tires were 305 each installed from forum sponsor Discount Tire. New Front 6112 Bilsteins with springs were 790 also from eBay. Rears were 399 from Summit Racing. Morimoto Fogs 170 from Retrofit Source. And 85 bucks for a front end alignment so I don't eat up the new tires. The goal here was to have a nice reliable new ride and not break the bank. I do all my own work - except for mounting tires on rims so I don't have any labor costs involved. They gave me 11700 on the Titan for trade - put it on the lot and it was gone in less than a week for 15K - So the dealer made out pretty good on everything I am sure. So for around 40K out of pocket plus the 2005 Titan and I am done. I should be set with what I need to work for a while God willing.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I'm not a Tundra fan, but even i have to admit the 1794 package is pretty sweet

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
47,500 for the 1794 package? Man you guys get great prices... Think I saw a 1794 here for over 50.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
47,500 for the 1794 package? Man you guys get great prices... Think I saw a 1794 here for over 50.
Mine was sticker priced over 53K - but the question was what did I pay - The art of negotiation is alive and well in auto sales if you choose to do your homework.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd love to check out the Tundra TRD Pro but I have no good reason to get rid of my 2011 Titan. It has treated me very well to date and I am slowly getting it to where I want it. Good luck with your Tundra. I really like that color.

Reactions: jdmartin and royr

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I liked the TRD Pro Tundra - BUT - It does not come in the Blue I fell in love with. So I bought the 1794 package - and upgraded wheels - tires - suspension to make her off road capable as I spend half my time on dirt or range grass dragging around the 20 foot feed trailer.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Getting back to the survey, seeing how much effort Nissan put into the Titan, it was probably put together in 2005 and they just got around to mailing them :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Today in my email I was sent a link to a Nissan Titan survey regarding the 2005 4x4 LE Galaxy Black Crew cab truck I bought new in 2005 and traded in last month. I answered all the questions honestly - even though I am sure they did not want to hear about all the reasons I was turned off to buying the new 2016 Titan XD Platinum Edition I had such a hard time arranging a test drive - as well as the long list of reliability and repair issues I suffered in the 2005 truck. I do not know if it will help them get their ducks in a row - but I felt I needed to try. Maybe with the suggestions and feedback I offered - they can build better trucks?
I'm thinking that if Nissan took the surveys they conduct seriously, or even checked out this forum once in a while, then the design of the current Titan would be completely different. However, I would have done the same thing you did by giving them honest feedback.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Getting back to the survey, seeing how much effort Nissan put into the Titan, it was probably put together in 2005 and they just got around to mailing them :D
Funny, going on my third Titan and didn't receive any survey??!! :eek_surprise:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny, going on my third Titan and didn't receive any survey??!! :eek_surprise:
Bender2 - I think you discovered the KEY to who gets these surveys - You are on your THIRD Titan - A very LOYAL Nissan Customer - In my case I jumped ship to a competitor AFTER several phone calls to Nissan Corporate trying to set up a test drive on the new XD Platinum - and after finally getting a rather disappointing test drive - bought the new Tundra within days and registered it with DMV. We all know they keep track of those DMV records for actual sales and trade ins as they are the only accurate records of what vehicles are currently in use on the highways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts