Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I have a problem with the tailgate on my nissan titan. It will not close on one side. there is a few parts missing/broke but I needs to know what is the exact names of the pieces so I can go somewhere and ask or order them. Also there is not a nissan dealership where I live so I was wondering would a regular parts store carry it. the last picture is of the tailgate side that works.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72,330 Posts
You sure it's broken? Looks like it just needs to be set back on the pin...:dunno:

·
Registered
855 Posts
i agree, you have to slip one side into the pin then lift the other side of the tail gate and drop it on top of the pin, connect your cables and your good to go. Nothing looks broken.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but when i does that, the second i put the tailgate back down it comes off again. I think the rubber is gone from the pin on the right hand side and left hand side. Can I just buy the rubber somewhere or the pin or easier to make something? It is up now and in place but as soon as I outs it down it comes off

·
Premium Member
72,330 Posts
Looks like the bracket that accepts the pin is bent. Put the gate back on the pin and pry the bracket towards the pin with a pry bar.

·
Registered
855 Posts
ya the pin must be bent a bit, when the pin moves at the right angle it throws the gate off. try to straighten it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts