1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
20,166 Posts
I wish we had shot some traction video when the Colorado Titan's went off-roading recently. I have the locking rear differential and when I had it locked in I just chugged right up the hill and over anything in my way (except for that one BIG boulder). But there were a couple of guys without the locking rear differential and you could tell they didn't have it. They had to be a bit more creative about approaching certain obstacles.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
That showed that the ABLS does work, however...flooring it like that is what you're NOT supposed to do. Light on the throttle works best because you won't overpower the brakes as much and allows power to transfer. It's no locker or real LSD, but an open diff with no traction system at all would have yeilded that sharp red truck digging a hole with its' RR tire and going nowhere. Thanks...great video.

·
Premium Member
69,192 Posts
I bet it smells like hot brakes around there!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I wish we had shot some traction video when the Colorado Titan's went off-roading recently. I have the locking rear differential and when I had it locked in I just chugged right up the hill and over anything in my way (except for that one BIG boulder). But there were a couple of guys without the locking rear differential and you could tell they didn't have it. They had to be a bit more creative about approaching certain obstacles.
Yep! Just throw it in 4WD and floor it! That'll get us non-E-Locker guys up tricky situations lol

Though I noticed after that big boulder, I got two wheels off the ground, the front right, and the back left were off the ground. I was in 4WD and the front right tire woudl spin, but the front left wouldn't...

I recomend a locker or true trac..because as a guy without it, it SUCKS!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,166 Posts
That boulder was like a magnet to the Titan! Nice driving. A set of cables on the front tires might have helped also.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, My internet went out last night and I'm just getting back on. This guy has some pretty cool video's. There is like 15 and I'm not going to put them all on here. Let's see if this work's. YouTube - WyoTITAN's Channel

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Wasn't the white Titan a off road with the E-Locker??
If so why didn't he lock it from the start?? Thats like waiting until you get stuck to lock in 4wd.

Always plan for the worst, prepair and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wasn't the white Titan a off road with the E-Locker??
If so why didn't he lock it from the start?? Thats like waiting until you get stuck to lock in 4wd.

Always plan for the worst, prepair and hope for the best.
That's the way my brother does it, His thang is, "Go as far as you can in 2wd then put it in 4x4" I'm like what if by the time you get as far as you can in 2wd you can't get out in 4x4? He just laugh's. :bangit:

·
Premium Member
20,166 Posts
I grew up in Wyoming doing all sorts of stupid things with 4x4 trucks. The Conventional Wisdom was you play in 2hi and shift to 4hi/lo when you get stuck.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I grew up in Wyoming doing all sorts of stupid things with 4x4 trucks. The Conventional Wisdom was you play in 2hi and shift to 4hi/lo when you get stuck.
If I'm playing then 2wd yes, If there is no one to pull me out, 4-Hi and spin the b!tch's. :eyebrow:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
we always try to c how far we can get in 2wd before we put it in 4wd.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
But you have some-one who can pull you out don't you?
yep always his names warn and ha either 12000lbs or 3000lbs of pulling power depending on what I'm driving that day

·
Registered
13,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
The driver and the spotter are both pretty dumb
Shouldve been locked in the first place, both the driver and the spotter should have had common sense not to cut right away as the truck is of course gonna slide sideways on ice, couldve prevented the damage done, the spotter had no idea what he was doing
dude.. the spotter was sittin' there laughing...
pretty sure he scraped his rear tire on that same rock too.
i feel bad for the guy; wonder if he's on TT. i'll sell him my side steps if so. i want some exhaust work done :teethmast

1 - 20 of 20 Posts