Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Notice the first page states clean power, people neglect to realize how their power is generated (coal, nuclear) and how much harm is done creating and disposing of the batteries.
It’s not as cut and dry as they want you to to think.

Clint

·
Premium Member
72,545 Posts
Useless as tits on a hummingbird.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
I hear there are occasional waiting lines in California for charging cars, imagine having to wait 30-60 minutes for the car in front of you (if they just started) and then having to wait for you’re own car to charge.
Many electric car owners go back to gasoline on the next purchase.

Clint

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Notice the first page states clean power, people neglect to realize how their power is generated (coal, nuclear) and how much harm is done creating and disposing of the batteries.
It’s not as cut and dry as they want you to to think.

Clint
My homeboy in Houston spent almost $12k to have his home wiring upgraded to support his Tesla charger…

Lots of money to be made and spent for the “feel good” effect…

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Oh.. another vehicle I have to lay 10 grand towards a deposit and wait 10 years for it to be made…

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,308 Posts
i was reading about those electric vehicles and a complaint when traveling across the country is just as said above. you get to a charge area and there are 10 cars ahead of you at 30mins to an hour each car. and then the restaurant and hotels are filled up because everyone is in the same boat you are.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not to mention that the grid can't handle the additional load on charging. In fact CA issued a statewide warning about charging electric vehicles this summer with expected rolling blackouts, and less than 2% of vehicles on CA roads are electric. Imagine the pandemonium if even 10% were.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4X
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL yep I agree with everyone...

I got my Titan because of the V8...I didnt want to F*** around with all the turbo V6 or hybrid crap everyone is putting out these days. Give me something that works day in and day out

·
Registered
427 Posts
LOL yep I agree with everyone...

I got my Titan because of the V8...I didnt want to F*** around with all the turbo V6 or hybrid crap everyone is putting out these days. Give me something that works day in and day out
All V8 all the time, no cylinder deactivation bs

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Check out the renderings they have on their site...that is a 2016+ Titan that has been photoshopped.

Curious if Nissan is partnering with them to get into the electric truck game faster.
At first I thought this was a joke but its legit..

And only a $500 deposit..

This may be the true fix for the Titan’s engine knock!!!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
58 Posts
"Another week, another electric pickup is making headlines.
Admittedly far less futuristic and mind-blowing than the recently unveiled 2022 GMC Hummer EV, the Hercules Alpha is not a completely unique product like most of the contenders in this infant market segment. The young company founded in Detroit in December 2018 indeed plans to base its truck on the 2021 Nissan TITAN."

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Problem with the Hummer is the $112,000 price tag..

If someone can make a decent electric truck that the working man can afford…. That would be groundbreaking……

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,308 Posts
and make one that actually charges in a decent time by the sun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Supposedly the Ford Lightning is about $40,000.00. Seen something on Discovery or another tech channel that somebody is making a tri-fold solar panel tonneau cover.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Supposedly the Ford Lightning is about $40,000.00.
Ford (and others) have long histories of introducing future vehicles with a base price that ends up far higher than they say it will be. Way back when Ford introduced the new Explorer in the early 90s, the predicted price vs actual price once they appeared at dealerships was thousands of dollars more - or, the base price was close to what was predicted, but you couldn't buy one like that. Farther back in time, the Pinto base price didn't include seats in the rear, among other things.

If the Lightning, whenever it is in production, can be purchased for $40K, it will be some stripped down single motor 2WD, <200 mile range. And you probably won't be able to buy one, either, because they won't exist.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ford is reserving orders for the Lightning! MSRP $39,900.00 +/- and there's up to a $7500.00 tax credit which brings the total price down to $32,400.00 and change. For the base F-150 Lightning. (Whatever that is!) And who actually cares not too many people want a stripped down buggy.

Back in the day! A rear bumper was a option for a pick-up truck. The United States Post Office use to buy Fleet Ford Pintos. These models came without rear seats! They also were sold with no power brakes, steering or a radio. I remember driving a few when I was in college during the summer working as a casual carrier for the USPS.

They also used a Jeep! It was a base model C-J5 with only a single seat and one door. Which was replaced by the GM's LLV! That had an all aluminum body, military grade aluminum that has been used for almost 40 years. And their are people who cap on Ford for using aluminum on their trucks. As Toyota uses a composite bed or Nissan's hood isn't metal.

The sad fact is! Henry Ford revolutionized the automotive industry. Ford was the first to use a assembly line. Whether you like it or not Ford's innovation makes the other strive to beat them. Plus makes manufacturers to develop new innovation and make the truck market competitive. There's a reason why Ford has lead this segment for 43 years.

Ford makes more trucks than every other auto manufacturer. There are people who say if you combine the Chevy and GMC they produce more. But these two trucks are built on completely different assembly lines. Plus GMC is GM'S upscale model with better fit and finish reflected in pricing. With that said, Ford builds a ton of vehicles used in fleet services. Which are usually base vehicles then upgraded to fulfill a specific need.

From construction trucks! To special F-150 crew cab's built for first responders and law enforcement. The Ford Explorers replaced the Crown Vic's! Some police departments use Chargers and Mustangs. And their customized to meet the needs of a particular customer. So maybe a front seat is sacrificed for radar equipment and such on a traffic chase vehicle.

Most truck buys in America don't want a stripped unit. Vinyl seats and floors, no headliner, argent bumpers and rims, a basic AM/FM radio, straight bench seat and a single cab set-up. So sure the price will reflect a difference in models and cabin configurations. If you want a F-150 Lightning Limited it will probably be around $90,000.00!

Come on man! Nissan teased a Warrior concept which will never exist. Unlike the Ford Lightning that Ford Motor Company is already taking orders on. The rest will have to catch up if they want to compete....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts