Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ford Lightning....230 mile range. No thanks.
So on average you drive over 83,950 miles a year? 230 miles isn't enough to preform your daily tasks! Everyday your Titan's bed is filled or there's a trailer hooked up. Then on a gas mileage thread you say premium gas is a waste of money. When most truck buyers (including me) use these vehicles like a car. As we eat the additional costs associated with truck ownership. Guess you believe a high grade solar panel doesn't work if the sun's not shining. For most people 230 miles a day would be more than adequate. Not too many half ton work trucks on big construction sites. Unless their parked in a parking lot! Maybe your comparing apples and oranges.....

·
Premium Member
72,806 Posts
Blah blah blah. Electric vehicles suck. They are terrible for the environment.

Reactions: 2020PRO4XTITANUP

·
Premium Member
72,806 Posts
I see you couldn't stay away so you created another account so you could spread your wealth of knowledge(or spread something). Aren't we lucky.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
So on average you drive over 83,950 miles a year? 230 miles isn't enough to preform your daily tasks! Everyday your Titan's bed is filled or there's a trailer hooked up. Then on a gas mileage thread you say premium gas is a waste of money. When most truck buyers (including me) use these vehicles like a car. As we eat the additional costs associated with truck ownership. Guess you believe a high grade solar panel doesn't work if the sun's not shining. For most people 230 miles a day would be more than adequate. Not too many half ton work trucks on big construction sites. Unless their parked in a parking lot! Maybe your comparing apples and oranges.....
Well… Knowing Ford that 230 mile range is all downhill driving at 40mph with the wind and 5 guys helping to push it..

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
What we really need is an electric vehicle with a 50hp backup motor to get u home at about 55mph or maybe run a few hours to get u 50 miles of range…

A true electric hybrid… for the real world…

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My truck isn't 3 years old yet and I have 58,000 miles on it.

And yes...premium gas is a waste of money.

I make frequent trips monthly for my recreational hobbies. Mostly on weekends where I'll burn through a tank of gas between Friday night and Saturday night and have to re-fill again Sunday before returning home. While my truck is my daily driver for work and back I use my truck as a truck and the bed often has something in it that I'm hauling around. The places I go don't have chargers available for electrical vehicles. So yeah...A 230 mile range would suck. If it was a 400 or 425 mile range on a single charge that truck would be more appealing to me.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
To me, until they get over 300 miles to a charge and charges take 10 mins, like fueling, it's useless for me. When I go to camp lejuene north Carolina from corpus Christi Texas, I like to leave one morning and be there the next day by lunch. Currently, electric cannot do that.

I don't do it often, every other year or so, but I don't want my two days of driving to become four because that would make driving useless.

I like to go places while I am there so I want my vehicle so I can go down to Charleston to see my dad while I am there for the two weeks I have on leave.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yup. Agree.

Some of my weekend fishing trips are 190 miles one way. And the destinations are rural little **** towns with no charging stations available and the likelyhood of these rural towns having a charging station anytime soon are next to none. Plus I wouldn't want to hassle with waiting around for my truck to charge.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts