Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan is teasing us with a more hardcore off-road version of its new Titan XD, dubbed the Warrior Concept.

To make this truck live up to its warrior name, Nissan lifted it by three inches, fit big 37-inch tall off-road tires to it and installed a custom long-travel suspension that includes custom upper and lower control arms with performance ball joints and internal bypass coil-over shocks with custom reservoir mounts and tie-rod extensions in the front. Out back, the same custom shocks are used along with a custom sway bar and longer prototype axles that accommodate the truck’s three-inch wider stance.

Power is still provided by the 5.0-liter Cummins V8 diesel that sends 555 lb-ft of torque and 310 horsepower to the wheels. It’s hooked up to a six-speed automatic transmission.

Besides the performance boost, Nissan made sure that the Warrior Concept looks the part. The truck gets flared front and rear fenders, functional hood vents, roof-mounted LED off-road lights, a large front skidplate, custom LED headlights and taillights and a quad-tipped exhaust integrated into the bumper. Carbon fiber spoilers are also used on the back of the cab and tailgate. As a finishing touch, the Warrior Concept is finished with a custom matte-gunmetal paint with orange and black highlights.

<span>Inside, the seats are wrapped in carbon-colored high-strength seat fabric, while carbon fiber, polished chrome and orange accents complete the look. The steering wheel in the concept is somewhat special, milled from a single block of aluminum. Special hot or cold cupholders, auxiliary toggle switches and panel-mounted auxiliary gauges are a few of the other modifications found inside the Warrior Concept.
</span>

Read more about the Nissan Titan Warrior Concept Looks Adventure Ready at AutoGuide.com.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Thing is badazz

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you build it they will come......I think collectively we all just did.....&#55357;&#56839;

·
Registered
882 Posts
Power is still provided by the 5.0-liter Cummins V8 diesel that sends 555 lb-ft of torque and 310 horsepower to the wheels. It’s hooked up to a six-speed automatic transmission.

First I've read of this. Unless I've missed it in the past.. Or they made a mistake.

Either way... This truck looks insane!!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
That is SICK!
The video says no plans for production.
:-(

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 5.0 Diesel though, no thanks. How bout the 400 hp gasser now that would be bad azz.
Man that is a great lookin concept.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
if they would do that as production model, I'd part with my 09

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate concept vehicles. They always look so amazing and rarely get released. Or IF they do, look nothing like the concept because they are too expensive for production. I pray this one gets put into production cause I'll be standing in line. This is how the new Titan SHOULD of looked!

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I hate concept vehicles. They always look so amazing and rarely get released. Or IF they do, look nothing like the concept because they are too expensive for production. I pray this one gets put into production cause I'll be standing in line. This is how the new Titan SHOULD of looked!
My feelings exactly!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
This is the only truck I'd give up my beloved 05 Titan for. This is what the new model Titan SHOULD have looked like INDEED!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think this is more non-XD preview than an XD model they plan to build. I'm going on record and saying the non-XD will be distinctive and will make current faithful happy.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I think this is more non-XD preview than an XD model they plan to build. I'm going on record and saying the non-XD will be distinctive and will make current faithful happy.
I hope your right. BTW, me casa is just down the road from you :smile:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I hope you are right.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't really care about the gas mileage. It's a truck. They have not been known to get great mileage. If I need to go somewhere that I need a vehicle that gets fuel mileage, I will take my wife's car. As it is now, my truck might get used on weekends only. I don't have the time during the week due to working so much. If this ends up being the next 1/2 ton, this would be something I would go for. Just got to check out the XD, it's not as bad in person. The nose is a little to long, overpriced.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts