Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the XD gas trucks have the engine knock cyl 7 and are dropping like flies like us poor 1/2 ton guys.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
It’s the same engine so they have to be affected too. I just rolled 18,000 miles on my way home tonight and so far.....

Clint

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s the same engine so they have to be affected too. I just rolled 18,000 miles on my way home tonight and so far.....

Clint
Yes I am aware it's the same engine , just seems we heard less about XD gas engine issues

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not as many folks out there with gas XDz

No knock on my 17SL with 31k some towing mostly hwy miles.

No knock on my 16XD with 12k all towing miles

No knock on my 18 Armada with 19k. All stop and go city miles and one trip to LA....

Time will tell I guess and thats a lot of potential engine replacements for me should I have the defective engines...

Been keeping my ears open and so far all good....

·
Registered
639 Posts
And I 100 percent believe the knock issue is real.... just not as wide spread as these posts make it...

There must be literally more knock topics than people who claim to actually have the issue....

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
There must be literally more knock topics than people who claim to actually have the issue....
Just the opposite.

You have to realize the number of people that own Titans do not post on this forum or any forum. My dealer has done 2 engine replacements so far the past 2 months for people that don't even post here. I'm the only one from WI posting with this issue at the moment. And there have been others here stating that their dealer has done some engine replacements for people that don't post here.

There are "X" amount of engines manufactured with this problem. It will continue to grow and you will hear more about here and possibly Facebook as well. Just the like the front and rear differentials that assploded on the first generation Titan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My XD has had the knock for months and the dealer said to just drive it until it fails, he says it has 100k mile warranty-I'm good with that,only 13k on it now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts