Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got pics of the Nissan sliding truck box with their utilitrac system? I am probably gonna order it if it is a nice addition. I liked the folding truck box I got from Nissan when I got my Frontier, but this (per dealer) is much nicer on the Titan. Solid metal, diamond plate, aluminium. And you can position it anywhere in the bed from cab to tailgate.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you refering to the "sliding toolbox" your in luck.
Here is a thread with a picture.

Better yet I just picked one up Tuesday and installed it myself, so if you have questions or need pictures showing something else about the box post away. There are several box owners here on the board.

thread w/picture

·
Registered
393 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Anybody got pics of the Nissan sliding truck box with their utilitrac system? I am probably gonna order it if it is a nice addition. I liked the folding truck box I got from Nissan when I got my Frontier, but this (per dealer) is much nicer on the Titan. Solid metal, diamond plate, aluminium. And you can position it anywhere in the bed from cab to tailgate.
I've got it on my site!! Great price too!

http://www.titanparts247.com

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Any pics from different angles with the thing open etc.. would be great when you can. Does it have to be up against the cab when traveling or will it lock/stay put next to the tailgate when driving?

Nissan always has good gadgets for our trucks. Heres my Fronty's folding truck box from Nissan. It folds up to only take up a few inches of bed space. It has "Frontier" stamped into the metal. I got a Contico SUV box to slip inside to solve a water leakage problem. Now it looks like it was meant to be there and is 100% water proof.

·
Registered
393 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Thanks guys. Any pics from different angles with the thing open etc.. would be great when you can. Does it have to be up against the cab when traveling or will it lock/stay put next to the tailgate when driving?

Nissan always has good gadgets for our trucks. Heres my Fronty's folding truck box from Nissan. It folds up to only take up a few inches of bed space. It has "Frontier" stamped into the metal. I got a Contico SUV box to slip inside to solve a water leakage problem. Now it looks like it was meant to be there and is 100% water proof.

Here is one from the Accessory catalog.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
They tell you to keep it bolted to the front.

There are 4 devices to install on the rail up front 2 are bumpers and 2 have bolts that pass through the front wall of the box and can be locked into place with a sliding bar.

Pictures will appear here tonight.

The only way I would "attempt" this is to place the channel locks behind and ahead of the box. It slides around pretty good when the truck isn't moving I would not want it flying up and down that track while the truck is in motion.

After 2 days I must say I love this box and the way it works.

FLfinfan said:

QUOTE]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's how it attaches to the front rail.

The first pictures show the 2 stud bolts (inside) and the 2 bumpers (outside)

The second picture shows the inside of the truck with the left hand side bolt showing and the slide in the locked position. Pull the red handle and bar slides and if you keep the sides untighten the box is ready to slide

I'll post a couple more general pictures later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, sweet box. Nice how you can slide it to the tailgate to work out of it during a job or project and then stow it near the cab when your done. Nissan has great gadgets for our trucks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here are 2 more to give you a different look.

The first shows the general profile of the box in the bed. Somebody did post earlier that a Nissan rep did say there is a 2nd generation box in the works that would be flush. I don't mind this setup. FYI: the box is 16" deep.

The second picture shows the box all the way to the rear (make sure you keep those stoppers on the end of the rails). I think the easiest thing to do is close the tailgate and step up on the bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey are those rail caps or where the spray-in goes over the rail. I looked into cutting my costs by going with the drop-in bed liner instead of the utilitrac/spray in. The info on the web and the dealer said with the drop in liner you get unprotected rails and you can not buy the caps from parts dept. because there are none. HMMMMMMMM!
PS...I have them on my Fronty.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think technically they are rail caps (different material I think) but I have only seen them with the factory bed liner. If that's not the case I am sure somebody will speak up.

I am happy about having rail caps considering I scrathed the hell out of the rails on my '01 Frontier.

Happy Hunting

·
Registered
382 Posts
They are a heavy plastic cap that slides into the rail system. They are supposed to come with every titan that has the utility package. The picture below isnt mine it was from a post of another members (hope he doesnt mind) but it shows the caps pretty nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like having rail caps. Even more so than having the spray in go over the rails. The ones shown look nice and seem protective. I wonder why they won't offer them with the drop in liner? I would like the utili-trac system but if I choose to save money on it or want to put a tonneau on the bed later, I would maybe get a drop in. If that was the case, it would be nice to be able to get those exact rail caps. The ones on my fronty have saved my *** a hundred times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
geece1 said:
Here are 2 more to give you a different look.

The first shows the general profile of the box in the bed. Somebody did post earlier that a Nissan rep did say there is a 2nd generation box in the works that would be flush. I don't mind this setup. FYI: the box is 16" deep.

The second picture shows the box all the way to the rear (make sure you keep those stoppers on the end of the rails). I think the easiest thing to do is close the tailgate and step up on the bumper
How secure is the box against theft? Does the lock keep it from being released and slid off the end of the rails?

Also, has anyone mounted an aftermarket low profile box on their Titan?

Thanks for any input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts