Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan's use of Continental Contitrac tires has spiked the price of these tires.
I purchased two (rear tires shot after 16,000 and several dozen burnouts:rofl:) less than six months ago for $83 a piece. They are better than the Goodyears that came on my truck, but not the best.

As of now the cheapest I have seen them(and they're out of stock) is $98.

TireRack.com is selling them for $133 a piece!

Talk about supply and demand!

Anybody else use these tires?

·
Registered
154 Posts
What size were you looking at? Unfortunatly, the prices at TR are based on what they buy them for. If Conti raises the purchase price of a tire on that end, it goes up to yours. Everything tire wise is sold at a certain percentage above what its bought at, no more, no less. And I hear ya on the backorder statuses, drives me nuts!

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size were you looking at? Unfortunatly, the prices at TR are based on what they buy them for. If Conti raises the purchase price of a tire on that end, it goes up to yours. Everything tire wise is sold at a certain percentage above what its bought at, no more, no less. And I hear ya on the backorder statuses, drives me nuts!
I was referring to stock 265-70/18. I am sure it's a supply and demand issue, or it could be that Continental, since getting the Nissan contract, thinks it's tires are worth more.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this is the case (in Red) then why is it other online companies are selling them cheaper $98 vs. $133? Old stock? Less profit?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not exactly. Its really based on buying power, and sometimes (in certain instances) there is not enough on a single size purchased in order for us to get it at a price that some others can. same works in reverse. I have no doubt that the tires offered other places are brand new, but its also easy to offer low prices on something that you don't have in stock also. i can tell you by looking into the tire size, that we actually pay more for each tire ourselves than they are selling them for. They mucts be gretting a great deal. Once again, this is not always the case, and more than likely, we buy tires by the whole truckloads and that drives down the price

1 - 5 of 5 Posts