Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I haven't seen any lately. I did see a new Dodge commercial and it shows a Hemi Ram hauling a load (don't remember if it was a boat or what) pulling away from a Titan. At the same time they say the phrase "outhauls". I'm not really sure how they can make this claim. Anyone?

·
Banned
81 Posts
There's one playing these days that has a clip of a Titan speeding along a windy dirt road somewhere in the desert. It's shot from a helicopter perspective, and there's a cool part where the back end of the Titan slips out on a curve and the truck goes powersliding through it. Other than that one I don't see many, except during televized sports events.

·
Registered
280 Posts
a dodge out hauling a titan? You guys sure? Because there used to be a titan commercial where the titan was racing a ram up a hill and winning, both towing something. Maybe you got your trucks mixed up? or maybe dodges advertising department ran out of ideas!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I keep seeing a Tundra Double Cab commercial that, if you look closely, you can see the Tundra pulling a triple axle trailer. :jester:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Batman229 said:
a dodge out hauling a titan? You guys sure? Because there used to be a titan commercial where the titan was racing a ram up a hill and winning, both towing something. Maybe you got your trucks mixed up? or maybe dodges advertising department ran out of ideas!
That commercial was comparing standard engines, which for the Dodge, is a 4.7. The commercial I saw was referring to a Hemi compared to the Titan. It never mentioned the Titan specifically, but it was definitely ahead of a canteen green Titan.

·
Registered
174 Posts
:cheers: I think the Ram with the Hemi can tow 9100lbs wich is more than the titan WITH OUT the big tow pkg! That is probibly why it can "out tow" the titan!
Most Marking teams are very crafty with the way they advertise!

To answer the question, Yes but only local dealerships!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Was talking to my brother today who was visiting for a family meal. He has a 2001 or so durango with the tow package. He said he gets asked all the time why he doesn't "trade up" to a hemi durango. He said with his tow package his durange already has a 5.8L and is rated at towing 9800lbs. I wasn't sure if that was right or not... but that's what he claimed. I don't look into Durangos..

One thing, sitting next to my new titan that durango looked TINY!

·
Registered
169 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Was talking to my brother today who was visiting for a family meal. He has a 2001 or so durango with the tow package. He said he gets asked all the time why he doesn't "trade up" to a hemi durango. He said with his tow package his durange already has a 5.8L and is rated at towing 9800lbs. I wasn't sure if that was right or not... but that's what he claimed. I don't look into Durangos..
I don't know specifics on the Durango's towing capability, but that has to be an exaggeration. That is more than most half ton pickups, and probably more than every half ton built in the same year as his Durango. 9,800 lbs towing ability would truly be miraculous for a vehicle sharing the same frame as a Dodge Dakota, which is considered a compact pickup.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
ChuhBaca said:
I don't know specifics on the Durango's towing capability, but that has to be an exaggeration. That is more than most half ton pickups, and probably more than every half ton built in the same year as his Durango. 9,800 lbs towing ability would truly be miraculous for a vehicle sharing the same frame as a Dodge Dakota, which is considered a compact pickup.
I used to own a Durango with the towing package and while I don't remember the exact number, I KNOW it was lower than 7,500 pounds. I would be willing to bet that it was around 5,000 at most.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Batman229 said:
As I said in my post above on this: Yes, it showed the Dodge out-towing a Titan! And hence my 'false-advertising' comment!

Ummm the trucks mixed up? Ummm no...I have put almost 9.3k miles on our Titan since Jan...don't think I would confuse my Titan for a Dodge...LOL

And yes, I do know the 'previous' Nissan Commercial showing the Titan 'out-running' the Dodge uphill towing the boat.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
35,622 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
As I said in my post above on this: Yes, it showed the Dodge out-towing a Titan! And hence my 'false-advertising' comment!

Ummm the trucks mixed up? Ummm no...I have put almost 9.3k miles on our Titan since Jan...don't think I would confuse my Titan for a Dodge...LOL

And yes, I do know the 'previous' Nissan Commercial showing the Titan 'out-running' the Dodge uphill towing the boat.

Chris
But the fine print in that commercial indicated it was not the hemi . . . . .
I have no idea if this means anything or not. I'm sure with some little research, (like if I cared. . .) this "controversy" could be laid to rest. :hat:

37L1

·
Registered
382 Posts
So far ive seen them all on tv, even one on spanish speaking tv which is different (visual wise not just the language, hehe) from the ones on regular cable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts