Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After correspondence with the good folks at Nitrod, they have provided me with a proposed discount offer for the Titan community, as noted below.

This post is only a feeler for this group buy in order to gauge interest level.

The Nitrod web site explains well the benefits of this high tech monitoring device, and provides a detailed comparison of several units on the market. (i.e. Scangauge II and others)

I benefit nothing but the same discount you would.

My reason for wanting this device, other than knowing what’s going on with the various control systems of the truck, is to learn how better to drive in order to optimize fuel mileage.
Having just returned from a 2,300 mile trip, from Boston to the mountains of Hayesville, NC, and back, to the tune of 8.87 to 9.51 mpg, has strongly incentivised me to do something. (I was pulling a 24’, ~6,400 lb, 5th-wheel camper, generator, people, various liquids in quantity and assorted pets.) Those mountains were certainly a major contributor to fuel consumption, but which gear to select and speed to operate at when climbing an 8% grade, would have made a difference.

http://nitrod.com/product.html

This is for a new Nitrod unit, instruction manual, cables and suction mount, direct from the factory.
MSRP: $299.99
Website promo: $275.00

Titan Talk members promo:
5+ units: $219.99ea
10+: $199.99ea
20+: $189.99ea
Shipping and handling (S&H) charge: $20 per unit

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
What exactly does this do, and what benefit is it, compared to Cipher by UpRev?
Incredibly good looking unit, but is generic OBDII, not Nissan specific. what is its accuracy like on speed performance?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Nitrod web site does a fairly good job of addressing benefits, advantages, featues, etc. For example, regarding your question of accuracy:

“Over the ¼ mile distance, the time and speed accuracies are quantified as ±0.01 seconds and ±0.5 mph.” “Owing to proprietary algorithms, the VPM-100G can accurately measure your ¼ mile performance even when the unit is tilted.” … “The accelerometers are factory calibrated in order to operate over a wide temperature range with high accuracy.”

I'd say it's good enough for me.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrackasa
This seller lists a few youtube links of the unit in action.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
do they any reviews regarding accuracy? because i'm REALLY in the market for buying something like this since they don't offer very many if not barely any kind of moniters for the Titan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
has anyone gotten one of these yet

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm in at 10 or 20+

·
Registered
682 Posts
Titan Talk members promo:
5+ units: $219.99ea
10+: $199.99ea
20+: $189.99ea
Shipping and handling (S&H) charge: $20 per unit

im in if n e others r interested

·
Registered
682 Posts
im on the phone right now w/ nitrod to know what exact features we have

·
Registered
682 Posts
nitrod said that they need to know if the truck is ISO compatible or CAN compatible. im not sure how to figure that out? does anybody know?

·
Registered
682 Posts
matt at nitrod said go your local autoparts store and hook up there code reader to your truck and it should tell you... went to autozone but the guy using the scanner couldnt find n e thing about it....

·
Registered
682 Posts
if some one can find out if the titan is ISO campatible it will work.

·
Registered
289 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
if some one can find out if the titan is ISO campatible it will work.

I called the dealer i bought my truck from and asked if my 07 was ISO or CAN compatable.Talked to the ser mgr and he has no clue,told me to call 1-800-nissan1.Well i get thru pretty quick and speak to someone,ask them about this and after he puts me on hold to check with a supervisor he tells me that i would have to bring my truck to the dealer i purchased it from,have them check my truck and then have them approve of the Nitrod so my warrenty isn't voided.I explained what Nitrod does and still they would not tell me.Well after that he wanted my name and vin#.Not happening:upsidedow .I am going at the autoparts store tomorrow and see what they can tell me

·
Registered
92 Posts
All the current loggers seem to fall short in the same place. None of them monitor Trans Temp. I just don't understand why none of them will pull that out of the CAN protocol. From what I can tell the Uprev doesn't either. Even if it does I'd like something to display it without a laptop hooked up.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
nitrod said that they need to know if the truck is ISO compatible or CAN compatible. im not sure how to figure that out? does anybody know?
Well for that kind of money, I would think they would get off their butts and find out themselves, guess they don't want to see anything. I ain't doin the legwork for that kind of money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i think that the 08 is CAN compliant...so does that mean the nitrod will work on the 08? did anyone ever buy one of these

1 - 20 of 20 Posts