Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
if its possible im goin to do it.. itll take me some time (warranty) but i will def give it a shot... wonder how much power your looking at there? e.t.? it would be the sickest truck in my area!!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
everyone's talking about nitrous and cams and how they never seen a supercharged titan e.t. time, is it unheard of about a supercharged camed out nitrous fed titan....?
I think you would have to do some serious aftermarket modding to have a titan handle that much HP.

·
Registered
179 Posts
just wondering am i the only Titan that did a 150 dry shot with a bone stock ? seems like everyone dose like 75-100-125 wet shot >???

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You hav any vids of that?

·
Registered
480 Posts
A dry system simply injects only the nitrous via the nozzle. The additional fuel is then injected by the fuel injectors by increasing the pressure of the fuel system, thereby giving each injector a bigger “squirt” when it opens.
Negative, at least from what I've found.

A 'dry' system is exactly that a DRY nitrous inject only providing nitrous not mix with additional fuel in any way unless it has a piggy back with the kit (which is what you described here in this quote).....

Just sayin, dry nitrous uses the existing fuel in the cylinder and produces a much more complete burn but also increases temperatures because of the 'lean' mixture, its often said 1\4hp DRY shot is safe for short stints (<15seconds), where a wet shot yields bigger gains and can be used MUCH longer >15seconds.

A dry kit includes, injectors of various sizes, bottle, hose, controller, normally a wet kit includes the injectors and nozzles to allow fuel to be pushed in by the No2 itself, or in the case of the quote it would contain a piggy back system for the existing ECU or fuel rail.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
so you couldnt get better than a 13 with a 150 shot? traction issues or?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
so you couldnt get better than a 13 with a 150 shot? traction issues or?
lol only a 13.. have you ran your truck at the track? a 13 sec time slip is harder than you think to get in a 5,000lb truck that has the aerodynamics of a brick wall.
he said he is stock.. what more could you want?? untill he gets supporting mods to make better use of the power he is adding with nitrous 13.5-13.7 is all he will get. He needs cams, catback exhaust, cai, and especially headers.. to make a motor run efficiently it needs to be modded in the correct order other wise ur trying to force a firetrucks amount of water thru a straw.. and that is basicilly what happens till you yank out the stock cams and add headers, the motor can't breathe..

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
^^ didnt realize he was all stock missed that! that explains a lot lol. i was like 150 shot with supporting mods 13s? but now i see why, he could always gut cats out and run a hi flow muffler with an intake and a good tune....as long as he had tru trac and slicks (lol lots of mods)with a 150 shot 12s is definately attainable IMO

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I would not run a 150shot on 04-07 and stock ECU....your very likely to be running lean as the GEN1and 2 ECUs cant handle adding extra fuel. As a matter of fact the Nissan target AFR is 11.9 from factory BUT real world data logging with being stock or mods consisting intake exhuast only, the trucks run AFR 13. My guess with a data log we will see 13.5+ AFR. Dangerously lean, Hence why most went to a wet shot.

Oh and a wet 80 shot with stock manifolds/cams and original banks exhaust volant intake was a 13.6 in quarter mile.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
That's what I'm going to run next year, an 80 shot with a good updated NOS Rom:) I'll be 13.3's with it I hope. I'm hoping for 13.8's with the headers that are going on in May.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
need to get smaller tires for the track your definatly going to toast ur trans with that much tq and rotational mass weight it is having to spin..

definatly do the transgo vb upgrade as well

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
awesome Deerslayer...however I'd run with those tires. 31" tall tires are ok thats what I used...plus I stuck on some LT325/60 18 nittos terra grapplers back in the day (35inches) that were 10ply on stock 18" wheels and only ran .10-.15 slower.

Be sure to always test your nitrous system before using it each time as a stuck plunger can bum your day really fast.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Negative, at least from what I've found.

A 'dry' system is exactly that a DRY nitrous inject only providing nitrous not mix with additional fuel in any way unless it has a piggy back with the kit (which is what you described here in this quote).....

Just sayin, dry nitrous uses the existing fuel in the cylinder and produces a much more complete burn but also increases temperatures because of the 'lean' mixture, its often said 1\4hp DRY shot is safe for short stints (<15seconds), where a wet shot yields bigger gains and can be used MUCH longer >15seconds.

A dry kit includes, injectors of various sizes, bottle, hose, controller, normally a wet kit includes the injectors and nozzles to allow fuel to be pushed in by the No2 itself, or in the case of the quote it would contain a piggy back system for the existing ECU or fuel rail.
i like the dry shot because it lets the injectors do its own thing the only thing u can control is the noz so it seems good .my bro had the wet kit i lovedd the dry kit alott more

·
Registered
179 Posts
so you couldnt get better than a 13 with a 150 shot? traction issues or?[/QUOT
well it is a flatt bone stock09 titan that means no true trac ..no cold spark plugs .no slicks .no tune just stockk ...this is how i ran it the first time i sprayed off the line and i slipedd all da wayy :/ ..so that means i waisted my bestt shot for no reason ..so after that i ran it again that means the bottle is low psi less noz .this time i sprayed from 40 mph and it picked up good with out slippin and i got the 13.7 pass .SO IF I HAD UPREV TUNE , TRUE TRACK,COLD SPARK PLUGS, SLICKS AND EXAUST .IM SHURE I WOULD OF HIT HIGH 12S ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
lol only a 13.. have you ran your truck at the track? a 13 sec time slip is harder than you think to get in a 5,000lb truck that has the aerodynamics of a brick wall.
he said he is stock.. what more could you want?? untill he gets supporting mods to make better use of the power he is adding with nitrous 13.5-13.7 is all he will get. He needs cams, catback exhaust, cai, and especially headers.. to make a motor run efficiently it needs to be modded in the correct order other wise ur trying to force a firetrucks amount of water thru a straw.. and that is basicilly what happens till you yank out the stock cams and add headers, the motor can't breathe..
THANKS FOR UNDERSTAINDING TOOMNYMODS . bone stock i ran 14.7 so when i hit the 150 shot going 40mph at the track i got a 13.7 i was really happy with the time just wish i had main things like tune true track and slicks ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
just wondering am i the only Titan that did a 150 dry shot with a bone stock ? seems like everyone dose like 75-100-125 wet shot >???
As soon as I saw 150 shot and DRY I literally spit my drink out.

You are a brave man..

****, I used to spray a 175 shot wet in my Altima, but that was with a BUILT setup. Not your PnP nitrous kit at that point. Even at that point I had to run 75% methanol through the nozzles for it not to detonate into a million pieces. But in all seriousness, don't spray that much until you have a means of tuning the engine.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Holy sh*t...150 dry?? Damn man, nice times for sure, but I seriously suggest a custom Uprev nitrous tune. I also suggest headers, PML trans pan with new trans fluid, a trans-go shift kit (at minimum for the tranny), 1 to 2 step colder plugs, lower temp t-stat, tranny cooler....all that just to be safe, the headers would be to help get some of that extra air out. I did 125 in my truck, but I had headers, Tru-trac in the rear, Transgo shift kit, and most importantly, a custome Nitrous tune. i was only tuned for a 100 shot, but I had 125 jest and it was the last of the winter air (not that it really matter with Nitrous)...Without a 125 tune, I didn't run any better with the 125 shot as compared to my 13.3 with the 100 shot...And that 13.3 could have been a 12 or 13.0, but my Nitrous tune was conservative even at launch. i wasn't spraying off the line, but since my Nitrous tune was conservative off the line, I was losing .2 on launches...Do you at least have colder spark plugs?

·
Registered
179 Posts
As soon as I saw 150 shot and DRY I literally spit my drink out.

You are a brave man..

****, I used to spray a 175 shot wet in my Altima, but that was with a BUILT setup. Not your PnP nitrous kit at that point. Even at that point I had to run 75% methanol through the nozzles for it not to detonate into a million pieces. But in all seriousness, don't spray that much until you have a means of tuning the engine.
yea i was a lil nervous but everything was stock and if my motor or transmission would of messed up all i would have to do is take of the noz kit and take it back to the nissan dealership and tell them idk why its not runing lol .it has warrinty so its all good but yea i will change the spark plugs put true track and get a uprev custom tune for it

·
Registered
179 Posts
Holy sh*t...150 dry?? Damn man, nice times for sure, but I seriously suggest a custom Uprev nitrous tune. I also suggest headers, PML trans pan with new trans fluid, a trans-go shift kit (at minimum for the tranny), 1 to 2 step colder plugs, lower temp t-stat, tranny cooler....all that just to be safe, the headers would be to help get some of that extra air out. I did 125 in my truck, but I had headers, Tru-trac in the rear, Transgo shift kit, and most importantly, a custome Nitrous tune. i was only tuned for a 100 shot, but I had 125 jest and it was the last of the winter air (not that it really matter with Nitrous)...Without a 125 tune, I didn't run any better with the 125 shot as compared to my 13.3 with the 100 shot...And that 13.3 could have been a 12 or 13.0, but my Nitrous tune was conservative even at launch. i wasn't spraying off the line, but since my Nitrous tune was conservative off the line, I was losing .2 on launches...Do you at least have colder spark plugs?
nope just stock ones they are ngk ..but yea soon ill get those cold ones for better runs oh and i use ams oil for everything it works the best if not i would go with mobil one

61 - 80 of 132 Posts