Nissan Titan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
when I said back to back runs, there was probably over 45 minutes between them. It was my last 4 runs in about 3-4 hours at the track. Good info too, I had actually forgotten about the siphon tube. Just make sure you get colder plugs and get a professional tune, to reduce timing and add some fuel.

Hey Gene, if someone just wanted to experiment with a Nitrous shot, say 1 time or something to see if the kit worked well on the street (or to set-up Window Switch) and didn't have a custom tune, couldn't they just up the size of the fuel pill a little bit, to add some extra fuel? This is assuming a stock tune, not a high timing street tune

·
Registered
215 Posts
when I said back to back runs, there was probably over 45 minutes between them. It was my last 4 runs in about 3-4 hours at the track. Good info too, I had actually forgotten about the siphon tube. Just make sure you get colder plugs and get a professional tune, to reduce timing and add some fuel.

Hey Gene, if someone just wanted to experiment with a Nitrous shot, say 1 time or something to see if the kit worked well on the street (or to set-up Window Switch) and didn't have a custom tune, couldn't they just up the size of the fuel pill a little bit, to add some extra fuel? This is assuming a stock tune, not a high timing street tune
The problem with that is you just never know where your A/F is without the proper monitoring. But I should have mentioned that for anything under a 75 shot I don't think any A/F alteration will have to be done to be safe. But this is speaking for the VK56. For your LS2, hell.. anything lower then a 150 shot is considered child's play. :D But yeah, they can easily set it up, pop in some 75 shot jets with mildly upped fuel jets and see if they like it or not without trouble. Just run 92 octane and stock plugs should be fine. But I would opt for Iridium in stock heat range for any further experimentation since I believe the Nissan uses titanium tipped plugs which have a tendency to hold in heat for much longer. But if you want to start getting into the 100+HP range then you might wanna consider getting some sort of monitoring or a way to alter fuel trims.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Yeah 75 is no biggie. I actually ran the 75 shot in my truck before colder plugs or a tune (I did put it in stock tune though). Yeah I was just curious, when it comes time to put Nitrous on my car, it will be cammed and stalled with more driveline upgrades. I will get it Dyno tuned for it though. Something like a 150 shot

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
damn thanks gene sounds like you're the man to ask questions to! great info there appreciate it

·
Registered
215 Posts
damn thanks gene sounds like you're the man to ask questions to! great info there appreciate it
Remember that you shouldn't have many questions if your intention is to get a Plug-an-play street kit. It's very simple and just a couple of wires. Most of the questions should be for the install.

But if you want to take the red pill and see how far the rabbit hole can take you.. then I'm here to answer those questions. Trust me when I say that I'm still falling down the rabbit hole and it's pretty deep. I can lend you my personal experience to get you a setup that will 100% outperform any other Titan nitrous kit out there but it wont be that cheap. For a great setup you're looking at around $1k.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I can't wait to dump a pretty nice shot into my car. I should be running 11's with a cam, then drop a nice 150 shot into it. Of course then i still have heads and a better intake. Nitrous is great way to get experience some serious power for not so much $$. Add a SCer, get 100-150 hp for $6k. Add a $1k Nitrous kit and get the same or more. I know it's not there all the time (it can be if you always run a safe tune and have the bottle filled, hell keep 2 bottles loaded up), but it just seem like a no-brainer=)....to me that is

·
Registered
657 Posts
I will be going to get dyno tuned for water meth and nitrous here in a couple of days, il post my slips and let you guys know how it went. If the myth is true for a stock vk56 that anything past 100hp needs cams to see gains.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I will be going to get dyno tuned for water meth and nitrous here in a couple of days, il post my slips and let you guys know how it went. If the myth is true for a stock vk56 that anything past 100hp needs cams to see gains.
Correction: 100+shot on factory exhaust manifolds, Not cams BUT headers. You have those already and if you dont have cats then you'll see all the gains. Good luck....FYI 13.3 @ 101 with about 440hp on dyno...80shot wet.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Correction: 100+shot on factory exhaust manifolds, Not cams BUT headers. You have those already and if you dont have cats then you'll see all the gains. Good luck....FYI 13.3 @ 101 with about 440hp on dyno...80shot wet.
yea but don't you remember that nuthing over a 90 shot before i got cams gained more than .05 e.t. and maybe 1mph over using a 90 shot of n20..

cams and headers r needed to make this engine take a 150 shot safely

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ok, seriously considering installing some spray soon and have just 1 main question. My truck is 4wd and obviously that will help me traction wise, but can our front ends handle the pull???

P.S. ill be running a 75 shot more than likely if that makes any difference

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have found using the zex kit that jets 46nos and 19 fuel.. works best and -2 degrees timing... bully dog tuner

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ive done my install but using a combo wot/window switch. Im needing to know which wire going into the throttle body to use for my wot connection. I guess a better way to word it is which wire is the tps signal wire? Please remember im a shade tree mechanic and by no means an auto electrician so schematics arent too helpful. Ive searched every thread without luck. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just hooked up a switch ,,, as long as I am at full throttle ,, hit the momentary switch.. and spray...
Ive done my install but using a combo wot/window switch. Im needing to know which wire going into the throttle body to use for my wot connection. I guess a better way to word it is which wire is the tps signal wire? Please remember im a shade tree mechanic and by no means an auto electrician so schematics arent too helpful. Ive searched every thread without luck. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Unfortunately I've already paid a pretty lil price for the NOS WOT/Window switch. I just need the signal wire that changes volts from .36-4.6 or roughly that. I wanted the combo switch to make it more fool proof...my first exp with nitrous and as a rookie, I dont trust myself that much. Im sutprised I havent found this info anywhere.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It sounds like ur looking for the tps wire, its the black wire coming off ur throttle body harness.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does this one register the voltage change going from idle to WOT? It is like .36 at idle and close to 5 at WOT? If it is.. im sending you a gift card to a restaurant.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yes it does. This connects to your NMU or window switch. But To set it, I had to open the throttle body by hand. The pedal procedure does not work.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts