Nissan Titan Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
With the Key on and intake off. Put the NMU in learning mode and open the throttle body with your hand. You should see a light on the NMU turn on or blink indicating that it has learned. You can verify that it has properly learned by slowly opening the throttle body and listening for the clicking of the solenoids. I found out the hard way that you should stay below 100 shot unless you have supporting mods or $$$ for a new Transmission. You can easily run 100 or 125, but DO NOT get carried away, Its tempting but the Trans wont take it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Using the black wire and opening by hand, im only getting a voltage change from .69 to 1.27. Does this sound correct as all the other forums say it should be reading above 4.0 at WOT. my switch doesnt have a learning mode, I jave to enter the values in I believe.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You should be reading around 4.2. Now this is the wire coming off the throttle body harness correct? What NMU are you using. Im sure it must be calibrated somehow. Pm me off this thread if you still cant figure it out, I can send you pics.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Update: My TPS Signal wire is black. With the ignition on but not running, the highest voltage it would show is 1.3 when moving by hand. If using the pedal to go WOT, it wouldn't record any voltage change. It seems as though my switch may have been blocking signal readings at the throttle body. I then just hooked it up to the black wire at the TPS and drove it. Readings were as supposed to be..wot at 4.3, I could see the change on the digital readout of my wot/window switch. Much thanks to titantriper06, DanBlp, and RB's Titan. Thanks so very much. Now to get my nitrous tune! Excited as hell!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Under wot my volts are 4.12

·
Registered
657 Posts
Under wot my volts are 4.12
Off topic, but im curious if the ECU relearns voltages and actual throttle positions. Deerslayer, your voltage is 4.12, mine is 4.2 and tadams are around 4.3. I also know that if I manually open the throttle body to max it will jump up to 4.4 but even under nitrous and wot i can never get passed 4.2... Too much time on my hands.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Ok I'm looking at getting a kit but I've got 175k on my motor so I'm a little sketchy on how it'll react... I don't race on the street a lot but I do go out to the dunes and also mud bogs. Definitely will take it to the strip a few times since it's 20min from my house... I'm 4wd big tow on 35's, S&B intake with dual 2.5" catback into a 3" si/so. Think it's a good idea? Seems like the cheapest hp available, love to get cams one of these days cause I'd like a lope.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So a question I have for those who are currently running nitrous oxide on their titans, what are the exact kits you have purchased?

Most of you seem to be running wet kits, but I haven't seen anyone specify which one they're using. Back in the day I used to run a 75 shot of nitrous on my Maxima, used a Holley dry kit (one of the universal kits #5132 if I remember correctly) and still have it. That car is now supercharged, and the kit's been sitting in the garage for a number of years now, bottle is probably half full still.

Most likely I could use this again for the titan with different jets, however is the stock fuel pump up to the task of running a dry kit with about a 50-75 shot? There doesn't seem to be quite a much knowledge floating around about certain things as I am used to with the Maxima and motorcycle world. My bottle is about 10 years old so I'm either looking at it being hydro tested or purchasing a new one.

My Titan is an 08 Pro-4X, all stock except for the following: intake, magnaflow muffler swap and a bully dog GT. The tune will likely have to go and the timing advance. Plan on getting catless B pipes, and possibly LT's down the road...maybe.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Nitrous express and zex kits seem to be the norm, I have a NX 90mm plate kit with all the goodies, up to a 400 shot, I upgraded to a walboro 255 fuel pump and a lot of other ****, I don't know of anyone running a dry kit other than chris forsbergs vk powered Z, haven't seen one on a titan yet, there are definite pre reqs u will want to do before u go pumping juice through it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ran a kit that was for the 2006 or so 300zx, wet kit.. but you can use any wet kit,,
its all about jetting it correctly ... I ran jets 46/19 -2 timing BDGT stock pump cooler plugs.. and tuned nos with a real wideband.... 80-100 shot or so,,
So a question I have for those who are currently running nitrous oxide on their titans, what are the exact kits you have purchased?

Most of you seem to be running wet kits, but I haven't seen anyone specify which one they're using. Back in the day I used to run a 75 shot of nitrous on my Maxima, used a Holley dry kit (one of the universal kits #5132 if I remember correctly) and still have it. That car is now supercharged, and the kit's been sitting in the garage for a number of years now, bottle is probably half full still.

Most likely I could use this again for the titan with different jets, however is the stock fuel pump up to the task of running a dry kit with about a 50-75 shot? There doesn't seem to be quite a much knowledge floating around about certain things as I am used to with the Maxima and motorcycle world. My bottle is about 10 years old so I'm either looking at it being hydro tested or purchasing a new one.

My Titan is an 08 Pro-4X, all stock except for the following: intake, magnaflow muffler swap and a bully dog GT. The tune will likely have to go and the timing advance. Plan on getting catless B pipes, and possibly LT's down the road...maybe.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
All u nitrous guys post spots for a bottle in the T backseat is unavailable have subs, so need more permanent solution, got a few but just looking for some ideas, I have the console shift not column

121 - 132 of 132 Posts