Nissan Titan Forum banner

Nitrous?

3K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  tywinter 
#1 ·
Whats the highest shot of nitrous i can put on a stock engine.

#2 ·
In all honesty, why? I feel like I can say this coming from previously driving a 04 kenne bell cobra with a 100 shot. You are driving a truck, it's not a lightning. If you wanted to go fast you should of gotten a sport car. Now I don't know for sure how the internals do with spray, but no disrespect, just posting, "how much" nitrous can I run without any sort of other modification shows extreme immaturity. Do yourself a favor and get an intake and a hand held programmer first. Be smart.

#4 ·
Then just boost it up.... and you tell US!!

#5 ·
i'd say you're one of the few titan owners on the board running with that large of a shot. i'm pretty sure most people are running 75-100 shots.

#6 ·
a 125 shot and its running perfect.
Wonder how long that'll last. LOL

A Full cold air intake? Holy crap nobody has one of those.

#7 ·
Sweet man! Racing this truck is fun. Your going to get a lot of people hatin because you bought a truck and race it, but let roll off your shoulders man. Fast trucks are more fun. Can I scrap out a bunch of old A/C's and through the scrape metal in the back of my sports car? No, but I can do it in my truck and run 13's with minor bolt-ons and a tune. I'll be running a 75-100 shot and hoping for 12's and leave it at that, pretty respectable for a 4 door regular truck. 125 IMO is pushing it. Toomnymods fried his trans with a 125 shot, he also had headers and cams, but still, I think it is pushing it. I'm only going to hit the 100 shot on a very cool night maybe a couple times a year just to get some nice times. I'll be running the 75 shot mostly

#8 ·
If you're going to run a 125 on a stock block, you might want to look into a progressive controller rather than hitting it with the whole shot at one time.

#10 ·
Cool deal. What are the weak spots in these trucks? What would you expect to break first?

#12 ·
I gotta stop asking lol. I can't mod (performance) this truck.

Quiet Moze!!

I need to concentrate more on aesthetics and add-ons for off roading etc.

#16 ·
Yeah, don't really have any interest in doing that with this truck. I want it more capable for minor off-roading, etc. Has there not been a Titan in the 11's yet?

#18 ·
Yeah, that's very respectable for a truck. Gotta love it. :)

#20 ·
Very true. For every fast truck on a forum there are probably 20 that are as fast or faster and have no interest in the internet.

#23 ·
Ya think under 500 will get him a 10 second slip?

#26 ·
Yeah...by way of comparison, my Silverado was about 590rwhp and ran 11.3's and weighed about 4400. And that was without brake-boosting.

If he wants a 10 second slip he's going to be needing somewhere in the neighborhood of 700/700.

#27 ·
I already know my truck will be no where near 10's till the motor is stroked and forged internals are added.. It's going to require atleast 14-16lbs of boost on this motor to get 750 rwhp needed for a 10 sec time slip.. Long as i can get a 11.8 to 12.1@112-115mph with 6-7lbs of boost I'll be very happy..

My best time N/A after i got my trans built was a 12.92@103.4mph and my race weight was around 4800lbs..

#28 ·
I should actually edit my post...a 10.99 slip should be attainable with 600-650ish. It would be cool to see you get it!

#30 ·
I need it reliable - quit taunting me lol.

#32 ·
I do. Bad. lol

But I need to stay focused. Going to spend money on stuff like light for the push bar, lights underneath facing backward for backing up, stereo, stuff like that.

#33 ·
OP

Post a time slip of your current shot in use...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.