Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Nitto Crossteks? I'm thinking of getting a set, but I haven't been able to find any good reviews.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They're brand new, and most sizes aren't even available...that's why no one has them, and no reviews are available...also, looks like they're only available at certain places..kinda like a wal-mart version of a goodyear tire. I may be wrong though.

http://www.nittocrosstek.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having some installed on Saturday, so I'll post my review on them after I've driven on them for a while

·
Registered
745 Posts
I dont think Nitto knows how to make a bad tire...I love my Terra Grapplers, my gas mileage hates them...

·
Registered
989 Posts
They look a lot like the Toyo H/T's, just without the two large grooves that run around the tire, nothing wrong with that though. They look pretty good and even come in the 275/70/18 size, nice! Looking forward to the reivew tthame1.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the tires so far. I've had them for a week and they drive great. Sidewalls are a good bit stiffer than the factory Goodyears, so the truck handles much better (only a little more bouncy). They're more aggressive looking than I expected, but I haven't had a chance to take them offroad yet. They don't seem to have had any impact on gas mileage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had a set of 285/65R18 installed on my 2005 Titan. They are a 10 ply tire so pulling a trailer is not an issue. They are very stiff so I feel every bump in the road. I haven't hed them on the highway or offroad yet, just around town so far. They look great and really dressed up my truck. I'll post more as I learn more about them. Don't ask me what I paid though. I happened to get them for $50.00 each because a lady's son put them on her truck. She didn't like how aggressive they were so she went straight back to Tire Kingdom and had them changed out. I was at the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sweet deal mlb71. You should have bought a lottery ticket with that kind of luck. Post some pics of them on the truck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
285/65/18? Maybe Nitto needs to update their site. I don't see anything above a 275....was considering a set in 285/70/17 but they're not listed at all.

Or are you running the HD's for 3/4 ton and 1 tons?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You guys that bought crosstek how do you liek them now? I just bought a set today. so far really like them quiet good steering control but thats just the ride home from shop.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have the crossteks. I like them. For now I'm running the stock tire size il take some pics later

·
Registered
555 Posts
Heres a couple photos. The tires look aggressive with an all terrain look but drive like a regular street tire. I like them for now lol

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
they look good!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just put mine on last night and not a moment to soon (snowed here last night). Have not driven them that much but they look awesome. 275/70/18 on pro4x wheels got them used for 650.00 wheels and tires. Only had 1,000 miles on them. Thanks to Joe who is moving to London!!!! Post more reveiws after a good drive!

·
Registered
31 Posts
benztech: I think I saw those on craigslist the other night. Annapolis if I can recall. I think he had them listed for $800? Good deal for some decent tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a set of 265/70/17's put on my 2007 CC 2 weeks ago. Went for a 200 mile drive to Orlando right after the install, pulling a Boy Scout trailer the whole way. I haven't had a problem at all. Ride well, fairly quiet, and look mildly aggressive. I'll post more as they get a little older...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got a set of Crosstek HDs (because I haul a lot) in 275/70-18. They had one heck of a time getting them on the wheels. I asked why and they said because the tires are so stiff. They are super-heavy duty. They have a max pressure of 80psi. They look great and have very deep tread (should last a good 60k).

They are slightly stiffer so the ride is a bit rougher, but hey, it's a truck. They are HEAVY tires and I can definitely tell the difference in performance. But, for what I want/need (heavy load capacity and long tread life), they are fantastic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Big thumbs up for the Crosstek. Had NTB put a set of 265/70 17's on my 05XC. Ride 100% better than the crappy Bridgestones that came stock. Two for one sale that required a front end alignment (included in deal) set me back $700.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts