Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X Rocky Ridge
85 Posts
I think it’s probably the weight of the truck, or the lack thereof. My f250 was super planted in the rain w/RG’s.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My NRG's are brand spanking new (installed 7 days ago) ran them in heavy rain two days later with zero issues.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spin almost everytime off a stop sign or light, and I am far from flooring it. If I’m turning, left especially, and give it any gas at all, I fishtail. I have to take turns slow. There were a few curves where I would 50 dry no problem, I skid slightly going 30 around the same curve. They just scare me a bit since it rains here all year time.

my first experience on the freeway wasn’t bad and I didn’t notice anything, even on some mountain pass curves. So I don’t know.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Take a look at your contact patch. You may be overinflated based on the load on the tires.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I spin almost everytime off a stop sign or light, and I am far from flooring it. If I’m turning, left especially, and give it any gas at all, I fishtail. I have to take turns slow. There were a few curves where I would 50 dry no problem, I skid slightly going 30 around the same curve. They just scare me a bit since it rains here all year time.

my first experience on the freeway wasn’t bad and I didn’t notice anything, even on some mountain pass curves. So I don’t know.
Air them baby's down.. had them on my XD and anything over 40 Psi they slide like crazy...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I've been running e-rated tires on my 2011 Titan for about six years or so, I think. Regardless of time, for just over 80k miles. What I learned is the fronts need a good bit more (6-8lbs more, and sometimes 10lbs more) than the rears, when I'm not hauling a bed full of something and not towing a heavy load. Airing down to somewhere in the 32-38lb range (depending on which of the two sets of e-rated tires I've had on my Titan) in the rear, while maintaining 40-46lbs in the fronts has made a ton of difference in driveability and both wet and dry handling.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I checked yesterday and my new Nitto RGs were set at 40 psi at installation and I have no issues in the rain.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked yesterday and my new Nitto RGs were set at 40 psi at installation and I have no issues in the rain.
I took some air out today. I didn’t drive after so I’ll see tomorrow. Makes sense though. I put the rear around 40 and the front to around 44

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After driving the sensors say I’m at 41 42 front and 41 42 rear. No sliding. One left turn by my house I would always fishtail and had to take it easy, today I tried to make it fish tail and nothing. Gunning it at stop, no spinning. Letting out some air did the trick. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
856 Posts
I told my kids the same deal about to much air. One couldn't figure out why he was sliding out of the corners at the local auto cross. He had his tires aired up too much. I told him to drop them to 28 front and try 24 in the back and see what happens

He said it was better but he didn't bring a compressor so he couldn't play with adjusting them to see what was best.

Oh well, at least he beat his friend isaac. That was what he was trying to do

1 - 14 of 14 Posts