Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has these. If so i was wondering what kind of mileage you are getting out of them, and how they perform. I found a great deal about getting some with 3/4 tread left and wanna get some input. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
good tire so far for me, didnt change my mileage much about 12-14 around town...

Reactions: scdude37

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Mine have just under 4000k and look brand new... Cept for the rock rash and dirt :D I love these tires!

I know Bills loves them, but Vilim and NorCal are the haters :p

·
Premium Member
75,893 Posts
I traded for a set with 50% tread left. I ran them for 25-30K before they were too bald to run.

I live in the northeast and have mixed feelings about their performance in the snow as well as the sand. It's been said they aren't a true Mud/Snow tire but it is stamped on the sidewall.

I was running 305/50 R20's and didn't like the 305 width as on longer trips at highway speeds it beat up my shoulders a bit. My set also seemed to be unbalanced requiring quite a bit of counter weight on the wheels. that probably added to the discomfort on longer trips.

all that being said I'm in the market for new rubber and I'm not sure where I'm headed. I do like the overall appearance of the Terra Grappler. I'd probably get a more narrow tire and a thicker sidewall. Perhaps even something closer to stock :dunno:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Got about 17k on my set. Tread still looks good. No problems with mine either. Good tire IMO.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has these. If so i was wondering what kind of mileage you are getting out of them, and how they perform. I found a great deal about getting some with 3/4 tread left and wanna get some input. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
just curious...are you looking at these ones: Nitto Terra Grappler Truck Tires 4 Sale ?

if so, I was looking to buy from him too, but decided not to.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Mine have just under 4000k and look brand new... Cept for the rock rash and dirt :D I love these tires!

I know Bills loves them, but Vilim and NorCal are the haters :p
4000K?

4 Million miles, not bad.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm running a set of 325's on the stock wheel. Awesome so far. No complaints at all.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Did you get that intake yet king?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Had mine replaced today with the GoodYear DuraTracs.

I drive all country roads and about 1/3 of it has a lot of curves. So although my Terra Grapplers only lasted 31,314 miles, they would likely last someone that did freeway and city streets a lot longer. As a comparison, my Toyo M/Ts made it to 37K miles, the BFG A/T KO's to 33K miles and still had 1/4 of their tread but were unusable on wet roads at that point, and the stock BFG Rugged Trails lasted 23K miles.

I'm really glad to see the Terra's go, and expected much better performance and ride after reading so many positive posts on them, back in '09. They had poor wet traction until I had them siped, but even off road on dirt and loose rock hills, they spun more easily, (non-air'd down), than any tire that's been on my Titan, (not including the DuraTrac's which I got put on today and haven't tried yet in the dirt).

Btw, my Nitto's were getting fairly noisy, down to the wear bars, but I think my new DuraTracs are already as noisy, but they might mellow out after some break in. I think a little tire noise scares off the deer so I don't mind.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Had mine replaced today with the GoodYear DuraTracs.

I drive all country roads and about 1/3 of it has a lot of curves. So although my Terra Grapplers only lasted 31,314 miles, they would likely last someone that did freeway and city streets a lot longer. As a comparison, my Toyo M/Ts made it to 37K miles, the BFG A/T KO's to 33K miles and still had 1/4 of their tread but were unusable on wet roads at that point, and the stock BFG Rugged Trails lasted 23K miles.

I'm really glad to see the Terra's go, and expected much better performance and ride after reading so many positive posts on them, back in '09. They had poor wet traction until I had them siped, but even off road on dirt and loose rock hills, they spun more easily, (non-air'd down), than any tire that's been on my Titan, (not including the DuraTrac's which I got put on today and haven't tried yet in the dirt).

Btw, my Nitto's were getting fairly noisy, down to the wear bars, but I think my new DuraTracs are already as noisy, but they might mellow out after some break in. I think a little tire noise scares off the deer so I don't mind.
I have my bullet for that :D I really like the look of those duratracs, keep us posted on how you like them

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I traded for a set with 50% tread left. I ran them for 25-30K before they were too bald to run.

I live in the northeast and have mixed feelings about their performance in the snow as well as the sand. It's been said they aren't a true Mud/Snow tire but it is stamped on the sidewall.

I was running 305/50 R20's and didn't like the 305 width as on longer trips at highway speeds it beat up my shoulders a bit. My set also seemed to be unbalanced requiring quite a bit of counter weight on the wheels. that probably added to the discomfort on longer trips.

all that being said I'm in the market for new rubber and I'm not sure where I'm headed. I do like the overall appearance of the Terra Grappler. I'd probably get a more narrow tire and a thicker sidewall. Perhaps even something closer to stock :dunno:
Yeah thats what these will be. A 305/50R20. I have 20X10 rims, do you know if that was the same as your 20's are or are yours 20X9? I just found a really good deal on them and just figured, since my tires are getting pretty far down there i might invest in some that are about 50% tread and get them cheap instead of brand new at $1200 for them.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Did you get that intake yet king?
Negative. If it doesn't arrive today I'll start tracking the bastard - I'm eager to slap that baby on.

I appreciate you getting that in the mail so quickly....

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
for sure, they told me that it would deliver today....you may want to buy a cleaner kit and clean it b/c i never did in the 9 months i had it..

·
Registered
887 Posts
for sure, they told me that it would deliver today....you may want to buy a cleaner kit and clean it b/c i never did in the 9 months i had it..
Today would be good :redblob"

Yeah - I was actually wondering if I could replace the filter altogether with any other - K&N or whatever, or if it would have to be a S&B replacement. Not quite sure if they have to be unit specific or not.?.?.?

·
Premium Member
75,893 Posts
Yeah thats what these will be. A 305/50R20. I have 20X10 rims, do you know if that was the same as your 20's are or are yours 20X9? I just found a really good deal on them and just figured, since my tires are getting pretty far down there i might invest in some that are about 50% tread and get them cheap instead of brand new at $1200 for them.
I believe I do have 20x10's, again picked them up used from another member. I e-mailed discount tire about the specs on my wheels and they said most likely 20x10s, my tape measure agrees :)

Like I said, I'm on the fence with another set of terra grapplers. I haven't run a new set and maybe that was part of the problem :dunno: If they were cheap I'd give them another shot, but after reading what NorCal said about his goodyear duratracs I may lean toward them. My dad has an account with goodyear, so I'll see if that pans out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts