Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To put it plainly... I absolutely love the new setup!

275/60R20 Toyo AT's to 295/70R17 Nitto Terra Graps made a huge difference. The doubters of their wet/rain performance are on crack, my tires aren't even siped yet and they are phenomenal. They hook like there's no tomorrow. Ride comfort went up, but cornering went down a little bit because the side walls are a lot taller. That was expected. What I didn't expect was how much quieter they are. I'd heard they're pretty quiet, but compared to the toyo I didn't think much of it... Boy was I wrong. They are dead silent!

What's even cooler, is that my rpms dropped about 100-150 at 70mph. :teeth:

BIG thanks to Pops, Bills, Loufish and Rbt for helpin' me pick out these tires, you guys rock! :thumbsup:

Better pictures will be up soon!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
BIG thanks to Pops, Bills and Rbt for helpin' me pick out these tires, you guys rock!
...Man no love.....Didn't I say they were good?.....:) :)

Reactions: StormTroopin

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Glad you like them, I can't understand how people have wet traction issues with them...I would try to get them to break free and had a tough time.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
.... 275/60R20 Toyo AT's to 295/70R17 Nitto Terra Graps made a huge difference....
I'm interested in hearing more about this as time goes on because I haven't seen anyone go from one to the other before...

As for the wet traction, I've never understood it either unless it has to do with asphalt quality differences or something...

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm interested in hearing more about this as time goes on because I haven't seen anyone go from one to the other before...

As for the wet traction, I've never understood it either unless it has to do with asphalt quality differences or something...
I can keep this thread updated every once and a while with how they're working, but so far they're everything the toyo was and then some.

Bills: I know right? From a 25mph roll I could light up my toyo's but these things stay PLANTED. I love how hard they hook.

Loufish: Sorry bud! Completely forgot about you, but you've been edited in :teeth:

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just did PWM, they rubbed a little bit so the rub is gone now. Next up, 08+ coilovers and 1" blocks for the rear!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I hate be negative but Pro-comp makes a garbage tire so any real tire is going to be great. Do people really like their tires?

Good to know you like the Nitto tires, I will be for some before I know it.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate be negative but Pro-comp makes a garbage tire so any real tire is going to be great :shrug:

Good to know you like the Nitto tires, I will be on look for tires in about 15k or 8 months.
I picked up those rims super cheap, and they look great! lol

These tires are definitely a great deal, been gettin' tons of compliments today

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got about 500 miles on the tires so far and I'm still lovin' them. They've seen some heavy rains on the interstate, and today they got their first bit of slush/snow driving. They are performing flawlessly, can't wait to get these badboys siped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

what's your backspacing/offset on the rims, as am looking into getting a new tire setup and was looking at either 295/70 or 305/65, and deciding hard on rims to go with.

My thinking was that 305s should only protrude 10mm more, and hopefully wouldn't have to do the PWM if have the right rim setup, which is why i was heading that way.

However seeing the stance on your truck am thinking 295 could be more than enough, but like you mentioned PWM would have to be done, unless it's explained by your rim backspacing/offset being different to stock.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I hate be negative but Pro-comp makes a garbage tire so any real tire is going to be great. Do people really like their tires?
I have Pro-Comps.....and on the street hate them!.....This will be my last set for sure....May go with the General Grabbers next time...maybe....

I really did like the TG's.....worked good in the desert and rode great on the street....

·
Registered
14,164 Posts

I swtiched from toyo's to nitto's. Everyone said they are the same tire,,,,well they weren't. The toyo's lasted 20k miles, the nittos were at 25k and had a ton of tread left when i sold the truck.:ftard:

Truck looks good bro!!!!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My backspacing is 4.75" and I believe stock is around 6". That's the reason why they rub. They stick out about 1.5", 1.25" from the rim and the other .25" from the wider tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts