Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering these but I am wondering if the E load range is too stiff for the Titan. Does anybody have any experience with these? I really like the 305 size in an all terrain tire. No pinch weld modding needed but still bigger than stock. I also like the look of the Terra Grapplers over the BFG AT KOs even though the BFG 315s supposedly fit with no pinch weld mod. Just wondering what people thought about the heavier than normal load range on a Titan.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Is it really a 75 series? I've seen the spec on the LT305/70/17 on the Nitto site ... but sometimes the websites are out of date.

The Ds are an 8-ply and Es or 10-ply, (they don't really have that many plies). An E in a larger size can have the same load rating in pounds a D, in a smaller size, and are stiffer but maybe not proportionally stiffer than a smaller D. In the case of the TG in the 305/70s, they do have a higher maximum load capacity than the TG D rated 295/70s. 3640 lbs at 65 psi v.s 3195 lbs. at 65 psi.

Also, at normal 35 to 40 lbs. pressure they wouldn't be the bad, but at for psi for maximum load rating, more so, but for better handling higher pressures are a good idea. Based upon the specs, these seem like they would be a tough tire for off road and towing or hauling. One of the only 34" tires around too. BFG came out with a LT305/65/17 with an E-rating, but it's only 32.7" diameter and their LT315/70/17 is 34.5", so I think the Nitto TG will be a winner with a 34".

Probably quite a bit more $ than the D-rated 295/70, and heavier too, so less mpg.

If there is a LT305/75R17 it is just a 35" tire according to a tire calculator.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops! Your right, 70 series not 75. I like that it is a 34" tire because that will give a bit bigger tire look and a very small amount of extra ground clearance and I assume there should we no rubbing issues assuming I get properly backspaced and offset wheels. I am thinking about the AR Thugs that Yellowmantis posted about awhile back.
I didn't think about the weight issue though. I will have to look and see how much heavier they are than the 295s and compare them to the BFG 315s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts