Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im going to replace my stock tires with either of these in a 25/70/18... which should I go for??? The coopers will be about a $160 more for all 4 installed. Im leaning towards the Cooper ST. I like the look of the tread better. I am probably a 80/20 on/off road driver, but I have to have something that can handle some mud..... anyone who has anty experience with either would be greatly appreciated since Im gonna get a set put on this week!!!!

discost.jpg

terra.jpg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nitto's. I have them on both of my vehicles and especially on my car they are excellent and very grippy. Lot of people run the terra grapplers around here also

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Titan5683 said:
Nitto's. I have them on both of my vehicles and especially on my car they are excellent and very grippy. Lot of people run the terra grapplers around here also
How do they do in mud??? I heard they are terrible... Im in virginia, and the mud here is a clay/dirt mix that is really sticky and clogs up tread real easy...

·
Registered
268 Posts
You might want to look into swampers then. Any AT tread tire is going to get full of mud due to the narrow passages between lugs that hinders the self cleaning effect and thats why MT tires have very open spaces between their lugs to do such. It's all in what YOU want. MT tires will not last as long if you are in fact 80 percent street and 20 percent off road as the AT's will

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Titan5683 said:
You might want to look into swampers then. Any AT tread tire is going to get full of mud due to the narrow passages between lugs that hinders the self cleaning effect and thats why MT tires have very open spaces between their lugs to do such. It's all in what YOU want. MT tires will not last as long if you are in fact 80 percent street and 20 percent off road as the AT's will
I can't see buying Mt's because Im not going into real deep mud... but my stupid Goodyears have gotten me stuck plenty of times in like 2 inches of mud... So i'm not looking for hardcore offroad, but something that has a decent tread that can handle stuff that's a little soupy since my work does take me into the mud on occasion, as well as camping. And I hit the beach during the summer.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think you would do just fine with the nitto terra grappler or bfg a/t. My nittos do just fine in the dirt/sand/mud/rain etc.... I have 325/60/18 though

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I ran the Nittos and didn't care for them as they packed up really easily so you gotta spin the bejeezes out of em to sling the mud out and I had a really hard time keeping them balanced. I would try the Cooper they make good stuff

·
Registered
16 Posts
i use to have a set of cooper st 285/75/16 on my previous truck and will get then on the titan when i can afford them. there not that loud but have great tread life and great traction in all situations. if you can take a little noise then i promise youll love the st's. i swear by them

·
Registered
834 Posts
If the Cooper ST isn't enough grip for the mud you encounter, the STT is more aggressive and comes in the same size and load rating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
:cheers: Thanks for all the input :cheers:

But, in the end, I ended up having Toyo MT's (275/70/18) put on the truck yesterday. I hadn't really considered them because the price was too high. But the shop I was gonna get the Cooper ST's at said that none of their warehouses had them in stock, so hooked me up with the Toyo's for $245 a tire, and then there is a mail in rebate for $25 a tire.... :thumbsup:

The tires are surprisingly quiet..... I'll post some pics after I get them dirty this weekend!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
They look great! Are you at stock height? Any rubbing at full turn? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah.. stock height and so far it's all good.... I'll post some better pics after I go mudding. I dont feel like washing the truck or oiling the tires yet, because we're suppose to be going out sat!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts