Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!!

I just installed a set off Nitto Trail Grapplers MT in 285/65/18. I love the look of these tires! If anyone is looking for an MT, these are it. These are my 1st set of MT's so I can't compare them performance wise to anything else. The feel and look great.

Here are my questions regarding my Bilstein's. They are coming in Tuesday.

1. Where do I need to have the coil set at to level out the truck completely.
0",1",2"? I will not be using any additional spacers.

2. Camber bolts are needed correct?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Set them at the middle notch and you will be good to go and yes get some adjustable camber bolts.. The tires look awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Install finished!!! Back was super easy. Took about 10 mins. Front took about 45 mins to do. Taking it off was easy, putting it back together is another thing.

OEM Ranchos with 20k miles were BLOWN!!! All 4!!! Those shocks were piss poor!! I mean, these are suppose to be an upgrade for the PRO-4X. They can be compressed and not rebound.

5100's ride awesome! Rides firm and smooth. Set to the middle notch with no additional spacers. Dead even to the rear. I need to measure to be sure. My alignment is off big time. Steering wheel is to the left. I did install OEM camber bolts. Will be going to the dealer for an alignment Thursday.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck has been aligned! Drives great. Toe was off but camber was dead on before the alignment. Maybe I got lucky and had them in the right place? I doubt it but you never know. Camber bolts really needed? Love the truck! Gas milage did drop. 13.2 mpg to 13.1 mpg. Hope it doesn't go down much further.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Truck has been aligned! Drives great. Toe was off but camber was dead on before the alignment. Maybe I got lucky and had them in the right place? I doubt it but you never know. Camber bolts really needed? Love the truck! Gas milage did drop. 13.2 mpg to 13.1 mpg. Hope it doesn't go down much further.
Just had mine alligned for the 1st time...EVER..103,000 on the clock...lol after my last lift install I was sure the camber was off...nope just toe and caster..had it alligned today. Though I do have to replace an outer tierod end...$30 no biggy..

If you would have went with a taller tire you would see additional drop in MPG..but I think your good. Heck mine dropped to 11 mpg with my 35's...lol But I do need to replace my plugs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you would have went with a taller tire you would see additional drop in MPG..but I think your good. Heck mine dropped to 11 mpg with my 35's...lol But I do need to replace my plugs.
That is exactly why I stayed with the 33's. Filled up this morning and Im at 13MPG now. I filled up 22 gallons and got 275 miles out of it. I was getting close to 300 miles before fill up. This is with Shell V-Power 93 octane.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Any particular reason you run 93 octane? Are you running a programmer or anything? I've always seen a decrease in MPG with a higher octane. Truck feels better but pocketbook doesn't. Just wondering. Unless there is a specific reason, it's generally not recommended.

Tires look great though!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any particular reason you run 93 octane? Are you running a programmer or anything? I've always seen a decrease in MPG with a higher octane. Truck feels better but pocketbook doesn't. Just wondering. Unless there is a specific reason, it's generally not recommended.

Tires look great though!!!!!
I've always ran 93 octane. I do not have a programmer yet. I feel as though running a better gasoline/higher octane will keep my motor healthier. I'm sure there is probably not much different between grades for the Titan but the cost to put in better fuel is not that high. I'm probably spending $5.00 more per fill up compared to a lower grade.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you had any coil bucket contact when you drop the front wheel in a nice pot hole or something like that? Just wandering how they do vs a leveling kit. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Tires Look Awesome. And I don't like all that sidewall crap usually. I am beginning to research for when my Toyo's need replacing. 285/65R18 or 285/75R18 this time. 325 has got to Gooooooooooooooooooooo.. I am lucky to get 13.6 when ScottsBro is towing me on a trailer. LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tires Look Awesome. And I don't like all that sidewall crap usually. I am beginning to research for when my Toyo's need replacing. 285/65R18 or 285/75R18 this time. 325 has got to Gooooooooooooooooooooo.. I am lucky to get 13.6 when ScottsBro is towing me on a trailer. LOL
That is also the reason I stayed conservitive with tire size. I could had installed 35's. I'm getting 11.8 MPG now. I am pretty easy on the gas too. Bully dog on it's way. Hopefully it helps. Otherwise, the 5100's and Nittos are bad ***!! I can't stop looking at my truck after parking it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts