Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my truck this afternoon from Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland, fl.

I love her, and have had non stop looks from other truckers and people... everywhere I go. The longbed, pro-4x really attracts attention.

Here is the thing, my friend who sold me the truck has been a car/truck guy for life, tech for many dealerships and is now in sales. He talked to the service people and for a few bucks they were willing to do the 2 degree mod for me. But after about 15 min of playing with the consult 2, they couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Mind you, the tech perfoming the mod.. had done it already on his 07. So i'm sure he knew what he was doing. He said the truck was responding differently, and that the ECU must be different. :huh:

Anyone have anymore info on this???

Thanks
-Eric

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
May already have it, and cannot be adavnced any more.
The 08's have higher HP, and they may have taken the 2* play out of it.
Could be the answer.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I have not read or heard of anything different between the 07 and 08 engine as far as HP is concern. If that's the case, there have been peoples who have gotten the 2* advance on the 07.

ericinmia, just print out the instructions and take it to them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
baseballfanz said:
ericinmia, just print out the instructions and take it to them.
Yeah i did... But he already knew how because he had done the procedure on multiple trucks, and his own 07. But the ECU on my 08 responded differently, and he couldn't get it. I forget you details....

I'll look for more information.... and report anything i find.
-Eric

·
Registered
176 Posts
I tried to adjust the timing on a few 08's, the consult has a selection for it, but it just kicks you out when you select it. I'm going to try some other versions of software on the consult as I get time. I know the ECM uses some sort of different programing because the software that I used in the consult for the 07's would work all the way back to 03 but the ECM will not even show up when used on the 08's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cpaul said:
I tried to adjust the timing on a few 08's, the consult has a selection for it, but it just kicks you out when you select it. I'm going to try some other versions of software on the consult as I get time. I know the ECM uses some sort of different programing because the software that I used in the consult for the 07's would work all the way back to 03 but the ECM will not even show up when used on the 08's.
Yeah that sounds just like what the tech had been explaining to me. Hopefully we can figure out what is what.

I hope that the ecu isn't different enough that the tuning solutions that are finally coming around wouldn't be compatible.:crying:
-Eric

·
Registered
485 Posts
I dont know about the 08 but i have an 07 and set the timing with the help of a member from another forum.It went in with no problem even went back and checked it 3 times.I havent heard of much change between the 07 and 08.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts