Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no 4x4 with a snow storm in route, seen in recent thread that axle could be popped out and fluid leaking which is my exact situation...going to fix today but will this happen again because i have a 2" leveling kit? or is there a soloution for this problem....longer axle or spacer? i have an 05 titan

thanks

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
They improved the front diff in 2006 which seems to solve this problem. I think maybe the newer C-clips that hold the half shafts in the side gears are also a bit stronger.

If you go to courtesyparts.com and search for front final drive and look at the parts, they have different part numbers for the half shaft + flange assemblies. Looking at 38220Y they have 38220-A60001 for the early trucks and A60002 for the later trucks. And it has a note:

This part number is flagged as a Service File by Nissan and may have changed or need additional parts for replacement. Please contact us before ordering!USE 38220-8S11A WITH
38423-8S11A

Same deal for the other side 38230Y

And it has a note:

This part number is flagged as a Service File by Nissan and may have changed or need additional parts for replacement. Please contact us before ordering!USE 382308S11A WITH
38423-8S11A

So if you call the parts guy at courtesy parts, you might be able to find out whether you can retrofit an older diff to newer diff specs (at least as regards to not puking the half shafts - they also reinforced the newer diff housings w/ additional ribbing to resist cracking) w/o buying an entire diff for $1200.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response...i tried to slide back in ...i can't...any tips on how to fix? ruck was jacked up and kept turning the wheel to line up the splines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts