Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my cleansweep....and now I don't have dash lights, and the interior/dash light dim knob is not working at all..no dim (well no lights..) and the interior lights do not come on when I turn it all the way to the top (after the click)
The interior lights DO come on when the doors are open.

The Fuse is good...the connections on the HU harness are good too....

Is it possible I need a new light switch?

OK .... I just went out and pulled the switch out, seperated it and noticed moisture inside the switch and on the contact wheel. Also... I put the Fluke to the plug for the switch there are 3 wires Brown, red/blue, and black...(I think thats the colors..I know for a fact one was black..lol)

Any way all the wires are putting out 12 volts except the black...which I assume is the ground. So I presume that its the switch itself. Any one concur? I hit the switch with some compressed air (light 40 psi) and reinstalled it....same result..no dash lights. I'm thinking with three nights working in the cab with all the doors open and past midnight in Humid Houston...that I got some moisture in the switch....guess we'll see in the A.M. if its still effed up.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kronos1965 said:
I do not know how moisture gets into a switch in the interior of the truck.

How much does a new one cost?

The only way I can see some getting in there is humidity....and working in the truck from 5pm till 1am...in Houston...lol Of course thats not 5-1 straight...also all 3 days it rained right in the middle of all my work..so I shut the doors and took a break...
Going to look into a new switch tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Are your tail lights working? They should be on the same circuit as your dash lights.

·
Registered
168 Posts
you probably burn out the dimmer switch I burn out mine onece and my dashlights would not work, you might wanna check it out. If it is you can get a new one its kind of expensive tho like $80.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
helomech said:
Are your tail lights working? They should be on the same circuit as your dash lights.
Yep Tails are working...everything is good but the dash...well the switch...I guess...gonna make a call about the price on that switch..now.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
scottsbro23 said:
Yep Tails are working...everything is good but the dash...well the switch...I guess...gonna make a call about the price on that switch..now.
If everything else on the circuit is working, then it almost has to be the switch.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im wondering the same thing.
For the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it...that was 3 years ago...lol I'll try to remember tonight..I do remember pulling it out and using compressed air and what not.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
If you do...let us know.....I got my dash lights working but the lights on my head unit are out, everything else works but the lights on the head unit :confused: :bangit:
How did you get your dash lights working???? I had the same issue... my instrument cluster and my HVAC back lighting wasnt working when I turn my head lights on.

Last night I pulled the "Illumination" fuse and the cluster lights came on but the HVAC lights still doesnt work.

The dimmer switch also does not change the brightness of the lights.

I would love to know what you did to fix?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
How did you get your dash lights working???? I had the same issue... my instrument cluster and my HVAC back lighting wasnt working when I turn my head lights on.

Last night I pulled the "Illumination" fuse and the cluster lights came on but the HVAC lights still doesnt work.

The dimmer switch also does not change the brightness of the lights.

I would love to know what you did to fix?

Same thing you did......and the dimmer switch just sits there

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts