Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.... saw this on myspace.... i thought since we drive titans this would help us out so spread the word!

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices.
Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all myspace members are to not go to a gas station in protest of
high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the myspace network, and the
average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up.

If all myspace members did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,200,000,000.00 (that's BILLION) out of the oil companys pockets for just one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) repost this bulletin repost it with
Don't Pump Gas on May 15th

·
Registered
302 Posts
In my truck if it did happen that I needed gas on the 15th and didn't buy it.Then on the 16th I would have to buy more.So either way they get my money?:rolleyes:And would probably have record sales on the 16th.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I agree, its a novel idea, but people still need gas, and will get it the day before and day after. I can play along though, I'll be out of town that day and won't be filling the Titan up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
P's Titan said:
to bad prolly 75% of myspacer's are teenie boppers that are not old enough to drive.

So people will fill up the day before or day after, same sh!t IMO
I agree, We need gas, they know we need gas. Its a vicious cycle. I am still going to use the same amount of gas going to and from work, just because we don't buy it one day doesn't mean a light bulb will shine and they will suddenly have a conscience.

·
Registered
433 Posts
boya544 said:
In my truck if it did happen that I needed gas on the 15th and didn't buy it.Then on the 16th I would have to buy more.So either way they get my money?:rolleyes:And would probably have record sales on the 16th.

Agreed,

If you carpooled or maybe road a bike around for the day, you would make more of an impact. Not actually using gas for the whole day makes more sense then simply putting off the purchase.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I like it. If we could get everyone to not visit a gas station on May 15th then we could shut down the stations and give those guys a much needed rest.

Around here all the stations are pay at pump or in advance only, gas station attendants just kinda stare and sell cigarettes now.

The only way to affect the price of gas is to use less...and the only way I'll use less gasoline is if they get ethanol out there the way that it should be.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The got us over a barrel and there is nothing we can do about it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What if the gas did go down the next day . Would they make more in the next day sales at the lower price . Or the lower sales at the higher price.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ProjectTitan007 said:
What if the gas did go down the next day . Would they make more in the next day sales at the lower price . Or the lower sales at the higher price.
what if the moon was cheese? it's not very likely gas will go down, gas will always be amongst the highest demand, it's like someone else said on this thread, they will just have record sales the next day or the day before, either way the oil companies are still gonna make their money!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
kellyj00 said:
I like it. If we could get everyone to not visit a gas station on May 15th then we could shut down the stations and give those guys a much needed rest.

Around here all the stations are pay at pump or in advance only, gas station attendants just kinda stare and sell cigarettes now.

The only way to affect the price of gas is to use less...and the only way I'll use less gasoline is if they get ethanol out there the way that it should be.
Diesel has more energy content by volume -

WHERE IS MY DIESEL TITAN???? NISSAN MAKES DIESELS FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD AND I WANT :gunz::mad: :crying: MINE!!

Really tho - one day isn't going to make a difference - if the entire country parked every motor vehicle for say two weeks that would get some attention--otherwise I don't think there's much merit to it. I found a job where I could work from home instead of driving to an office - that's my contribution to saving gas and Houston's traffic problem. :cheers:

What you couldn't tell?? I don't believe it:upsidedow

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
kellyj00 said:

I wish they would get rid of ethanol or at lest stop subsidizing it. The price of a bushel of corn has nearly doubled with the advent of ethanol. We are going to see meat prices rise though the roof. Already, ranchers such as my self are selling off our breeding herds, because the price of grain is out of control.
This is going to affect hog and chicken farmers worse than others as they typically don't graze.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
remember we only have to worry about our president for a short time longer. After he is out of office gas prices should hopefully come down. Well as long as we don't end up with another oil friendly Republican in office that is...

Not getting gas on the 15th will only hurt the gas stations not the oil companies. Now if we could start some kind of petition to lower prices and force the oil companies to build new refinerys that are not 20 years outdated then we would be in better shape. But that will never happen we are americans and have no say in our government.

:deathsent

·
Registered
751 Posts
I work for an offshore transportation company out of New York we bid contracts for Shell, Exxon, Hess, Moble and so forth I am sitting on 55K barrels of unleaded right now thats 2,310,000 gal US I am a barge capt. and we have been taking shipments like this every 2 or 3 days around the Harbor alone. And I am on just 1 vessel there is over 1000 just in the New York, Jersey harbor. I have seen no shortage of fuel in the 7 years I have been in this buisness. As for the ethanol we are starting to carry more and more the chemical plants are being forced to convert but the conversion is slow new tank farms and holding facilities have to be built and that costs these companys a lot of money they are not ready to give up yet. Based on what I have seen they are being greedy and making false claims blaming it on the war and sucking the money up.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts