Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this on club armada, but there’s really not much as far as responses. I figured the same thing can go out on a Titan so I figured I would put it here too.

My wife drives a 2010 Armada Platinum 4wd and about 6 months ago we started hearing a loud knocking sound coming from under the dash in the middle to right side of the dash. It is fairly random, but noticed it having trouble changing between cold and hot air. Last week the noise stopped and now I can’t get heat to come out of the front vents, but the rear heat works normal. I assume it’s the blend door actuator? Took it by a shop and they said the dash would need to be removed to fix it and they quoted me $623. What exact actuator went out? All modes work and the recirculating air changes back and forth. Everything works as it should except the hot air. Shop said it could be the heater core going out but that doesn’t really make sense since the rear heat works.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Search the Titan forum it’s tough but you can change the blend gear without removing the dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Also a couple of videos available on YouTube to walk you through the process.

Check out NICOClub for manuals for your year of Armada to understand location and removal procedure for the actuator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts