Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'05 Titan with both low beams out. Swapped the relay for fog and for the rear window defrost, which didn't change anything. Both fuses are good, lamps are good, and wires apear good.........Maby unrelated: trailer tow brakes/turn signals out but running lights work. No blown fuses, and relay looks good. No signal for either L or R side at the trucks plug........IPDM bad? PLease help, I have to take it in for recalls on tues. but I dont have money for dealer priced diagnostic right now.

·
Registered
942 Posts
'05 Titan with both low beams out. Swapped the relay for fog and for the rear window defrost, which didn't change anything. Both fuses are good, lamps are good, and wires apear good.........Maby unrelated: trailer tow brakes/turn signals out but running lights work. No blown fuses, and relay looks good. No signal for either L or R side at the trucks plug........IPDM bad? PLease help, I have to take it in for recalls on tues. but I dont have money for dealer priced diagnostic right now.

So the low beams don't work but the high beams do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High beams work. And, with the relay removed I get a 5V control signal with the low beam switched on. So switch doesn't seem to be the problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I took the truck to the dealer after scratching my head for a few days. The dealer called me the next day and said they couldnt fix the truck. The technician said he tested all components and saw nothing wrong. He said he swapped the IPDM with no results. They said I have too many aftermarket components added to be able to diagnose the problem. The aftermarket items they are refering to are the power locks, power windows, and the alarm system that were added to the vehicle at that dealership when the truck was purchased. And by the way they did a horible job at installing these items. So I picked up the vehicle and took it to a buddies shop. The next day he calls me and says I need a new IPDM. I approved it and three hours later he said head lamps and the trailer lights work correctly. The service facility at Baker Jackson Nissan South Houston is worthless. Their techs. are two lazy to do their job, they lie to customers and shouldnt be qualified to work on a Hot Wheels toy car. They lost a very easy $700-$1000, they lost my buisness, they will be reported to the BBB, and I hope this will change someones mind before they take their vehicle to Baker Jackson Nissan.

·
Registered
942 Posts
So I took the truck to the dealer after scratching my head for a few days. The dealer called me the next day and said they couldnt fix the truck. The technician said he tested all components and saw nothing wrong. He said he swapped the IPDM with no results. They said I have too many aftermarket components added to be able to diagnose the problem. The aftermarket items they are refering to are the power locks, power windows, and the alarm system that were added to the vehicle at that dealership when the truck was purchased. And by the way they did a horible job at installing these items. So I picked up the vehicle and took it to a buddies shop. The next day he calls me and says I need a new IPDM. I approved it and three hours later he said head lamps and the trailer lights work correctly. The service facility at Baker Jackson Nissan South Houston is worthless. Their techs. are two lazy to do their job, they lie to customers and shouldnt be qualified to work on a Hot Wheels toy car. They lost a very easy $700-$1000, they lost my buisness, they will be reported to the BBB, and I hope this will change someones mind before they take their vehicle to Baker Jackson Nissan.
WOW, that really sux! They should have caught that, looks like they didn't change out the IPDM as they stated they did. Ironically, the IPDM is now an official Nissan Recall item, so they should have changed it out anyway at no charge to you what-so-ever.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When did this become a recall, and how can this be proved. If this is realy true I will take legal action so I need proof that this is not just some unofficial rumor.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Are you talking about the IPDM relay recall? Because I had that replaced long ago.
YUP, it is an official recall as of Dec. 5, 2010. Many owners have already started getting notices in the mail, I haven't received my notice yet, still waiting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where can I find this info? Called a dealership, and the service writer says its just the IPDM relay. I searched the web, cant find any lists of official recalls.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Where can I find this info? Called a dealership, and the service writer says its just the IPDM relay. I searched the web, cant find any lists of official recalls.
Do a search on this site ..

·
Super Moderator
37,028 Posts
The recall is not the IPDM board ... its just the relay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the low Beams die after messing with the Relay changing them to what ever hole you want. My mechanic did this after I explained the fog lamp relay fix I had read about. He stated they were all the same so just did what ever he wanted with them. Now now low beams at all everything else works though. I guess I need a whole new IPDM. How much are they?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It cost me about $700 to have a new one flashed and installed. This might seem expensive but it was actualy a good price being that the IPDM cost me around $400, the flash was $120, the new housing is like $20, and the rest was diagnosis and labor, about $160. I can only imagine how much the dealer would have charged me if they had been smart enough to figure it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts