Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, I live in an apartment right now. So, I been wanting to bedline my stock 4x4 offroad rims. Well, I couldn't spray them cuz it would just smell WAY too bad on the patio. So, I went to autozone and purchased the roll/brush on can, 2qts just to be safe! I also got the applicator kit that comes with a brush, roller paint brush, a pan and a scrub pad.

Now I know there are going to be good and bad opinions. I don't mind. In the end myself and my wife really like the outcome so far. We really like how it is textured, makes it look rugged! Anyway, this is the first rim. I sanded/scuffed with 180 grit paper and layed on a really thin coat. Waited for that to dry. Then put on a nice thick coat, waited 2 hours per instructions, then layed another coat. These pics are about an hour after the last coat. Same rim just 2 different pics. 3 more rims to go!!! :clap:

Its not fully dry yet. So, that is why some spots look bright and shiny. It just needs to fully cure! It does look MUCH better in person ;)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Looks ok,a lil diffrrent but ya know its Way quicker with spray bud, but to each his own...just seems like it's a long a$$ time to wait between coats...with spray its only a couple of minutes between coats. And I live in an apartment too and I sprayed mine on my patio...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks ok,a lil diffrrent but ya know its Way quicker with spray bud, but to each his own...just seems like it's a long a$$ time to wait between coats...with spray its only a couple of minutes between coats. And I live in an apartment too and I sprayed mine on my patio...
I have a feeling this stuff is going to be WAY stronger than the spray stuff. But, it does look much better in person than those pics. I did try spraying that rim first but it filled the apartment with that HORRIBLE smell. Plus, we have a 7month old baby and a 2yr old. So you can only imagine what the wife was saying! :bangit:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not too shabby! not the best pic from my cell but...I couldn't be happier!

Reactions: beeradster

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nahh it looks good...ur right tht last pic looks effin sweet! That's the beauty of individualism... Lol and yeh I can only imagine the "nice" things being said by the better half...lol... Whts ur T look like? With the wheels on?? Full pic!! Full pic!! Full pic!!... My half a$$ attempt at a chant! Lmao!

Reactions: tcoche

·
Registered
766 Posts
Definitely looks good...and most definitely full pics of the finished product...wheels and all.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nahh it looks good...ur right tht last pic looks effin sweet! That's the beauty of individualism... Lol and yeh I can only imagine the "nice" things being said by the better half...lol... Whts ur T look like? With the wheels on?? Full pic!! Full pic!! Full pic!!... My half a$$ attempt at a chant! Lmao!
LOL!!!! That was sooo f'in funny bro. Thanks! I really hate pics. They never really capture the real life effect of a material object. Yeah you are right the wife really didnt have any pleasantries today! LOL!!! I will definitely get a full pic up. Not done yet with the rims. Between helpin out with kids, getting yelled at by the wife, painting and waiting the incredibly long time between coats. I only got 2 rims done today. Plus, it isnt fun doing the prep work as well. My T is really going to pop if i ever get my [email protected] Royalty Core grill delivered...grrrr! They told me 2 weeks ago it was gonna ship. This will be goin on the 3rd week. My grill is gonna be sweet. All flat black, black studs with set screws, upgraded 10.0 mesh flat black. Next up is getting my custom skull logo made an putting it in the center. I have this skull on each side of the T. Typically where the v8 titan logos would be. Im thinking bout getting it made custom and having it gunmetal color...not sure! Im done ramblin'. Peace!!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
wheels look great man and the skull looks sick too. great job:)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got some semi full body shots. The rear tires are currently being work on. Almost done though. I started real early this morning. Just waiting 2 hrs to put the final coat on. Cant wait to see my truck with the Royalty Core grill and once I get the front bumper, rear bumper blacked and my Westin floor boards blacked. :clap:

For those that dont know. I do not have all my mods wrote down yet. So here we go. I already bedlined my chrome mirror caps, all badges, all 3 brake lights and swapped out the chrome door handles for black ones. I have Bilstein 5100's on all 4. Front Bilstein is set to middle setting. I have a Tuff Country level lift up front. I also have a PML diff cover, which I paid a painting shop to fill a spray can of my ''Red Brawn". So, that is color matched to the truck. I did the stock airbox mod. I changed out the clearance lights to smoke lenses. I bought the truck used and the guy put orange clearance lights on the roof. I really hated them but now that they are smoked they have grown on me, now I like them. I couldn't remove them because the holes on the outside of the roof. This wednesday I have a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow muffler being delivered. So on thursday it'll be installed. Then I got my front windows tinted to 20% and a 5'' eye brow across the windshield at limo tint. That is about all of it, for right now!! :teethmast So, here are some pics without the rear tires.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill post better pics once its back at its normal stance and all 4 tires on!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
snapped a quick pic! BBQ'd at the park today....

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You bedlined you taillights!!???

Are you going to bedline the grill/front bumper. Maybe even a black out headlight mod would complete your truck!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You bedlined you taillights!!???

Are you going to bedline the grill/front bumper. Maybe even a black out headlight mod would complete your truck!
No I used Rustoleum lens tint on all 3 brake lights. There are plans to bedline more once I get my Royalty Core grill. Westin side steps, front bumper and rear bumper. What is the headlight mod????

·
Registered
984 Posts
Looks good man, thanks for confirming the can works just as well as the rattle spray.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What is the headlight mod????
it is painting the chrome inside the headlights black or whatever color you like. i will upload a pic when i can.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
could it be done in a day starting early in the morning throught the day. aprox time to do all 4 while still mounted on the tire off the truck swaping them off an on ? with the sanding primer and then the bed liner and aprox cost? Thanks :flamed

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
I have to tell you, I really like the brushed on Rustoleum Bedliner look! The spray can yeah can work, but i'm thinking the brush on stuff will be much more durable.

I'm tired of my plasti-dip peeling on my front and rear bumpers and my KMC wheels... I'm about to sand everything down and do it the right way.

My KMCs are factory black anodized or black powercoat (not sure how KMC paints them) but there are like two layers of different paint including the plasti dip... all on my wheels and bumpers.

So what grit sand paper would you guys recommend 180grit to start with? I don't have a DA sander or anything, so its gonna have to be done by hand...oh joy what fun...

I plan on doing the bumpers first since they are peeling bad, then the wheels.

How much did the rustoleum applicator kit and bedliner paint cost all together?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts