21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I want an engine installed in my truck.
Mechanic: OK
WTF, The engine doesn't run!
Mechanic: But it's installed in your truck. Pay me.

Review your local laws regarding express and implied warranties and any applicable consumer protection laws.
Ok but just where do I find such information?? I don't have a clue where to look for such laws....I have noted everyh
I want an engine installed in my truck.
Mechanic: OK
WTF, The engine doesn't run!
Mechanic: But it's installed in your truck. Pay me.

Review your local laws regarding express and implied warranties and any applicable consumer protection laws.
Ok but where do I find this kind of info? I don't have a clue where to look...I have made note of everything, every conversation, every time I've taken parts to the shop, everything I have personally done to troubleshoot the problem, and all I have now, is my truck is still sitting at the mechanic's shop behind a locked fence, and a mechanic telling me it now needs re

·
Registered
889 Posts
Please understand that engine swaps, while common in the past, are much more complex today. Your state may or may not have any particular laws covering such transactions between consumers and mechanics. Understand also, that you came to this board asking for advice AFTER you'd already committed to two transactions (buying the motor and then having it put in). Yes, you relied on each of those owners to source the right engine, but clearly, they didn't know all the right answers either.

·
Premium Member
67,938 Posts
So, what's the verdict? No news is good news? Same old story? All is peaches and cream?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts