Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was just announced over on MT, thought I would post it over here for anyone who is interested.

tuning for 2011 titan available? - MightyTitans.com

From Scott @ Superchips:

"We were very enthusiastic about Superchips’ Nissan product when we launched a few years ago. We made really good, drivable power and had some nice added features like WOT restriction removal, so we were pretty excited to enter the import truck market.

Unfortunately Nissan tuning has been a victim of low sales. Nissan truck sales have softened dramatically over the last three years.

Titan sold 21,223 for 11 mos. 2010 compared to 16,027 for 11 mos. 2009. Compare that to Ram at 176,411, F-Series at 473,461, Silverado at 327,617, and Sierra at 112,999.

As a result of that data we have temporarily put the Nissan truck programs on the back burner to concentrate on our new in-cabin products and other applications.

We are still hopeful that vehicle sales will improve so and will revisit the Nissan coverage this summer if Nissan truck sales rebound.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to let me know."

Scott

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
That suck's for the '11 guy's! Like their not making enough money already... :bangit:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It sure does suck. Our only options are the more expensive BD GT and Uprev (and maybe hypertech?). I really don't need the extra info provided with the GT, but now we don't really have a choice. Im saving up for a used unit.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Ha, cause it takes SOOOOOOO much R&D to update the software to fit an existing platform.

·
Registered
16 Posts
so will there be no more updates if you already have a tuner? not like i have one now. But was looking into either Cortex or the bullydog GT

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
But was looking into either Cortex or the bullydog GT
The GT is compatible...the Power Pup is not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts