Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all members, first post, very informative site, as I have narrowed my truck search down to a used Titan. I've read this site extensively for the numerous bits of info for what to look for. Thanks. But couldn't find a solution to this:

My Question: I recently looked at a Titan for sale, a used 2008 Titan XE. The rear window has what appears to be the large, slide down, powered window - but there is no switch to be found to operate it. Not over head and not down below with the blank switches. I looked everywhere for it. The switch was by the drivers left knee on one I test drove a week ago, and I've seen them on the ceiling. This truck is an XE and has no over head console compartment, and a lot of blank buttons, none of which have a window icon.

So where is it?

Were there trucks made that had the window, but where rigid or non operational? If so is the motor there and the wiring there, just hidden behind a dummy switch??? so weird

thanks for any help! Good to be here. :smile:

·
Premium Member
58,077 Posts
I may be mistaken but I thought that the XE rear window didn't roll down.

Reactions: drews2

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
I wonder if the previous owner put in the window but didn't complete the job with the necessary electronics.

Reactions: drews2

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wonder if the previous owner put in the window but didn't complete the job with the necessary electronics.
After an extensive walk around and discussion, the previous owner seemed to not know anything about the truck, he had just bought it from his cousin, so I could ask that route...

I may be mistaken but I thought that the XE rear window didn't roll down.
I'm not sure, but it has the huge horizontal section of window in the middle that 'should' role down, or appears that is should. Are there titans that have just a plain sheet of back glass? Weird.

Also just noticed I posted this on the 2016 Titan General Thread, if a moderator can change it to the proper general thread...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
again sorry for posting in the wrong thread, if a moderator can move it to the 1st gen general thread, that would be great.

I found the solution. I called the owner and he called his cousin and his cousin (previous owner) said that the overhead console broke and he replaced it with a generic part that does not have the rear window switch. He said the dealership would charge $300 for the switch, but he found one online for $100, and the wiring harness is still be hind the headliner, so the mystery of the missing rear window switch has been solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
again sorry for posting in the wrong thread, if a moderator can move it to the 1st gen general thread, that would be great.

I found the solution. I called the owner and he called his cousin and his cousin (previous owner) said that the overhead console broke and he replaced it with a generic part that does not have the rear window switch. He said the dealership would charge $300 for the switch, but he found one online for $100, and the wiring harness is still be hind the headliner, so the mystery of the missing rear window switch has been solved.
Where did you find the switch - I have the exact same problem with the wrong headliner console.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts