Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has come to my attention that when you order a titan with the e locker option you loose the vdc , if this is the case i no longer wish i had waited to get the locker as i would have not wanted to give up the vdc , i was driving home late in the rain when i was caught by a very sharp turn the truck slid for a second(maybe less)and i felt and heard the vdc engage, the titan instantly straightened out , you cant put a price on that type of security, cant get enough of this truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
slick said:
it has come to my attention that when you order a titan with the e locker option you loose the vdc , if this is the case i no longer wish i had waited to get the locker as i would have not wanted to give up the vdc , i was driving home late in the rain when i was caught by a very sharp turn the truck slid for a second(maybe less)and i felt and heard the vdc engage, the titan instantly straightened out , you cant put a price on that type of security, cant get enough of this truck.
I noticed that too reading the docs that were just posted (thanks again!). It made me think the same way... I'd rather have VDC (if it works, and apparently it does) than the elocker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Does anybody know if they will bundle the e-locker with the off-road pkg, or will it be a separate pkg? I'd like the off-road, but agree the VDC is more important.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
I am getting an OFF RD package with the bed Utility does that mean I dont get my VDC??? :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Can't see why VDC should be incompatible with the e-locker. And if it is, why not just automatically disengage it when the e-locker is turned on? Sounds like a very minor engineering problem to me, one that Nissan should have easily solved during development. The ABLS is functionally tied in with the VDC system, and ABLS will work with the e-locker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
slick said:
the vdc is only available in the big tow package.
Lets see now:
VDC is part of the Big Tow package
The e-locker is part of the Offroad Package
VDC and the e-locker are apparently incompatible

Does this mean we will no longer be able to order both the Offroad and Towing packages for a single vehicle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
outahere said:
Lets see now:
VDC is part of the Big Tow package
The e-locker is part of the Offroad Package
VDC and the e-locker are apparently incompatible

Does this mean we will no longer be able to order both the Offroad and Towing packages for a single vehicle?
Good damn question man. Too bad there isnt a nissan reps (with answers) part of this site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I called Nissan about this today and after checking, the customer service agent reported back to me that having an e-locking diff. would not cancel out having VDC if you got a Titan with both the off-road and big tow packages. I was told that Titans with both packages will have both VDC and the e-locking diff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
militia_man said:
I called Nissan about this today and after checking, the customer service agent reported back to me that having an e-locking diff. would not cancel out having VDC if you got a Titan with both the off-road and big tow packages. I was told that Titans with both packages will have both VDC and the e-locking diff.
Excellent! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
bvstone1 said:
I noticed that too reading the docs that were just posted

(thanks again!). It made me think the same way... I'd rather have VDC (if it works, and apparently it does) than the elocker.
got a link to the thread with the "documents" ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Does anyone have any solid information about this matter either way? The Nissan customer service agent I talked to said the Titan will be able to have the VDC with the big tow package and the e-locker with the off-road package, but I wonder if she really knew for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
bestatchess said:
That could also mean that the VDC won't be available when the e-locker is turned on. I can't see nissan not allowing a vehicle not to have VDC - which would only be useful in 2wd or 4 high because of something that is only used in 4 low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
keane said:
That could also mean that the VDC won't be available when the e-locker is turned on. I can't see nissan not allowing a vehicle not to have VDC - which would only be useful in 2wd or 4 high because of something that is only used in 4 low.
I agree! I cannot conceive of any technical barriers to having a Titan equipped with both an e-locker and VDC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
VDC & E-Locker

I plunked down my deposit today so you can all bet I'm darn sure goint to find out.

But I think it's a case of a murdered translation and a "said that -but didn't mean that"

If you look at what VDC does and how it does it - VDC and the E-Locker will not play well together. VDC needs to slow down (brake) opposing wheels to try and maintain direction stability. If you lock the two rear wheels together with the E-locker the VDC can't function properly.

I hope what they are trying to say is "VDC can't/will not function" (not available) when the E-locker is engaged.

Doesn't make sense to take VDC off the truck due to a extreme traction aid you will only use 0.1% of your total mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
I swear, this whole ABLS, LSD, VDC, E-locker issue just gets foggier and foggier every day...
:explode:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Stitch said:
I plunked down my deposit today so you can all bet I'm darn sure goint to find out.

But I think it's a case of a murdered translation and a "said that -but didn't mean that"

If you look at what VDC does and how it does it - VDC and the E-Locker will not play well together. VDC needs to slow down (brake) opposing wheels to try and maintain direction stability. If you lock the two rear wheels together with the E-locker the VDC can't function properly.

I hope what they are trying to say is "VDC can't/will not function" (not available) when the E-locker is engaged.

Doesn't make sense to take VDC off the truck due to a extreme traction aid you will only use 0.1% of your total mileage.

Thank you Stitch!!! Please let us know. By the way, How's Lilo?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top