Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I make a hard left turn, I get a sound that is really hard to describe, but sort of sounds like the brake pad is dragging a little or something is rubbing, but I'm wondering if it is the CV joint. It only does it when turning hard left, moderate left turns and right turns don't do it, so I'm thinking it can't be the joint. I have looked a few times and there is nothing noticeable rubbing. I had it at the dealer to look at the transmission lines leaking and they said they didn't hear it. I'm dropping it off today so they can put the new transmission lines and a power steering line on. I guess I'll get one of the mechanics to get in the truck with me so they can hear the noise. Anyone have any ides?

·
Registered
599 Posts
i get a knock like under my truck when i turn hard right?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I had the same problem for about 8 months, then it just went away. Never did figure out what it was. it sounded like squeeky brake pads, but not nearly as loud. Every morning or when it was cold is when I would get it. Maybe it went away because it is summer I don't know...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's very odd. I had the new transmission lines put on and went for a drive with one of the techs. It does sound sort of like brake rub, but it only does it when you turn hard left, an easy left or any right turn doesn't do it. Seems like it started just after I put the new shocks on. The tech seemed to think it was tire noise, because we turned ten or twelve times and a few times it didn't do it at all. The power steering is good, there is no leaking and the level was good. The sound is not like a low power steering fluid sound, it is more of a rubbing sound. There are no metallic sounds. I don't know about the tire noise, because I have had these tires since last August. Maybe if they are directional tread tires, but according to Firestone they are not. I'm stumped. I'm almost at 60,000 so when I do the fluid changes and tire rotation, I'm gonna check the bearings and CV joints to see if there is anything there that could be the source of the noise. I also am going to get an alignment and re-balance of the tires, and I'll get them to check it out also to see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.