Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing cracked manifolds with Doug Thorley long tube headers, and I plan on taking it to a nearby shop for the work.

However, if you have had this done in the Austin area or know of someone not too far from Austin that has Titan manifold replacement experience, please send a recommendation my way. I know it can be a bit tough to pull the old manifolds out, especially since mine is 4WD. If someone had experience doing it, it would reduce my risk and maybe cost less since they could do it more efficiently.

Longshot....but thought I would try.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew Uprev does tuning - didn't know they'd do other mechanical work as well. I plan on buying their Standard tune package as well....once the headers are on.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
The hard part isn't just pulling them off... It's the install of the new ones too... Our front final drive greatly limits room to move the headers into place... But if it's a shop that is reputable, they should be able to do it without difficulty... 2 of us backyard mechanics did a JBA shorts w/ welded extended B pipes in 8 hrs, and that included dropping OEM, installing JBA, tacking extended B pipes, dropping the whole thing again, then reinstalling after welds were done... so, I can imagine a real shop should be able to knock out the whole swap in 4-6 hrs...

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Whoever does it, tell them to make sure not to turn the steering wheel with the steering linkage disconnected or they will break the spiral cable in the steering wheel. Then you will be wondering why the horn & cruise control don't work and your airbag light is on. And yes, some of the "pros" have made that mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts