Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new to the Nissan Titan and this forum. A month ago I picked up a 09 KC SE and I am about to pull the trigger on an intake,exhaust and programmer and wonder what your thoughts are. I have narrowed it down to a select few. I have searched and searched and searched and found all sorts of different answers but nothing to make me pull the trigger. I would love your thoughts and why.

Intake- Banks or S&B
Exhaust- Banks or JBA (cat back)
Programmer- BDGT or superchips cortex

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I only researched for my year model, but you can see the route I took on things in my sig.
I can advise you not to settle based on price (to a degree). A good example is not thinking you'll ever need Uprev, and paying $150 or so less for something else and regretting it later.
Once you let the mod bug in, it's a losing battle my friend.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I have the Banks Cat Back and it sounds awesome.I just picked up a used Flashpaq from another member and i'm very impressed as well.I went the cheap route on the intake off ebay but it looks and sounds nice.

Reactions: mnkyluv

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Hi all,
I am new to the Nissan Titan and this forum. A month ago I picked up a 09 KC SE and I am about to pull the trigger on an intake,exhaust and programmer and wonder what your thoughts are. I have narrowed it down to a select few. I have searched and searched and searched and found all sorts of different answers but nothing to make me pull the trigger. I would love your thoughts and why.

Intake- Banks or S&B
Exhaust- Banks or JBA (cat back)
Programmer- BDGT or superchips cortex
I have the Volant Intake, Banks exhaust, JBA Headers/Stillen b-pipes, and UpRev tune.

I had the Superchips Cortex and thought is was a good product.

I'm looking at swapping out the Volant for the Banks intake. It's a well-built system.

The JBA exhaust is 2.5 and better for keeping low end torque without a tune. (I like my Banks for sound so this is non-issue for me to lose a few HP/torque at the bottom.)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not sure about the banks or s&b intakes, I have a k&n cai. I do have the banks exhaust and love it. I also have the sc cortex, and it's badass with both the exhaust and cai.

·
Super Moderator
161,695 Posts
I like the Banks intake between those two. It's enclosed.

I'm not a fan of the Banks exhaust at all, though. Don't like the sound, the looks or what I've read about it's performance. Having said that, the JBA exhaust would get my vote.

BDGT. There's not a lot of difference between them. I've run BD and SC tuners on my truck, and though the SC was just a bit better by my butt dyno, the real time monitoring of the BDGT would get the final nod.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
S&B intake is also enclosed. I love mine and for $150 less why would you buy the Banks? AutoAnything has a 10% off $150 purchase going on right now. I got my S&B for around $210 shipped.

Borla exhaust, if that's out of price range, Magnaflow. Also applies to AutoAnything discount. I don't like the Banks. To me it doesn't sound good and according to several people, they've noticed a loss in power with it. Also comes with a 5" tip....We're driving a gas truck, not a diesel.

UpRev. Once you get to modding, you won't want to stop. It also seems that even the newer trucks are having problems with cracked manifolds, meaning you'll be installing headers in the future and UpRev will be a necessity.

Personally I don't like Banks at all. They try to over hype their products. It's good quality stuff, don't get me wrong but when they had a "Blowout sale" I called them and got prices....Their "sale" price was nearly $70 MORE than Summit Racing's everyday price on the intake. Also when I asked the guy what their hp/torque increase numbers were for the Titan he quoted 45 hp and 63 ft/lb torque. I mean really? Talk about over-inflated numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the sound of the Banks exhaust but I do like the JBA system because it doesn't loose as much in the low RPM range and still has that low rumble that I am after. The reason that I am leaning towards either of these is the fact that I don't want the truck to be too loud. I have gone that rout on all of my vehicles and I am done with it. I will do the header swap only when the OEM manifolds do crack. As far as the intake goes I am looking at these two because they are closed box design. I think that K&N and all other companies are great I just don't like the open air filter. Thanks for all of you input. At this point it is

1. Banks Intake
2. JBA cat back
3. BDGT

I will still do some more research and read more of the input that you have and will decide in the next week or so. Once I have everything I will post pictures and my thoughts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What low end I lost with the banks the flashpaq brought back.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I only researched for my year model, but you can see the route I took on things in my sig.
I can advise you not to settle based on price (to a degree). A good example is not thinking you'll ever need Uprev, and paying $150 or so less for something else and regretting it later.
Once you let the mod bug in, it's a losing battle my friend.
Agreed ^^^ I have an Injen CAI on the way as well as the PRG 2" leveling to go with everything in my signature. I've got the mod bug really bad and I'm not sure if it'll ever get better... I was going to save some money and buy the S&B CAI, but they still are not making it for my 2010 and I didn't want to take a chance on a 2007. Besides, if you can come up with the extra money to get what you want, then do it. You'll be happier in the long run.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What low end I lost with the banks the flashpaq brought back.
But think, what low end you could've kept with something else, the flashpaq would've added to it. :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little update.
I ordered the BDGT and Injen CAI today. Now the exhaust is left. I have decided to go with the JBA setup. I will order tonight or tomorrow and in a week or two put everything on. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
161,695 Posts
I think you'll really like that setup. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just noticed on JBA's website they are looking for an 09-10 Titan to do product testing on, headers and exhaust system. They develop it using your truck, you keep what they come up with! However, you must be located in Southern California, so I am out...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts