Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen the similar thread but it didnt really have too much info and 0 pictures.
I currently have a 06 2wd cc with just a leveling kit. I love the prerunner look but i dont want to spend the money to get a mt or lt kit and it will never be bajaed so performace of the suspension isnt an issue for me
Im considering

-fiberglass front fenders
-CST spindles
-Rear blocks
-possible shock hoops?
-black 17s with the fronts having a diff offset to stick out more
-1 1/2 wheel spacers
-35s

can someone add some pics of somthing similar
idd like to see the width you can get out of the spacer/offset wheel combo

not sure if it look kind of convicing or just look cheap haha

Also currently working on a little rear bumper

Ive got some 5" lights to put in it. Still only half done

·
Registered
117 Posts
don't use different offset it will be hell to rotate your tires. Just get a two inch spacer in the front and your wheel bearings will fall out if you try to hit any thing(but it will work)

when it comes to prerunner its not good to half a$$ it (i start on mine in june with about a 7G budget)

·
Registered
278 Posts
first off, are you using threaded cast pipe 90s and 45s and sch40 pipe? I am no pro at fab work, I am still new at it too. Do resurch, resurch, resurch there are cheap tube benders out there for like 300 bucks. you only can bend one tube size but you will be doing alot better with the look or find a fab or steel shop that offer bending services. your list of mods is cool if you are just going for the look, except DONT USE WHEEL SPACERS in the front. I have CST spindals and 4.75 backspacing on my wheels with fiberglass up front and it looks fine. where are you located?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont want a half a## pre runner im located in tx we dont do that stuff haha I just pre fer the look over 6" lift and 35s like everyone else runs around here
Its my DD I understand about building loooooong process trucks and pouring money in allllll the time.
Im really into street trucks and have been building a rcsb silverado the last 3 years. It takes all my money this titan just gets me from A to B and I cant drive somthing stock but since alllll my money goes into the rado I want to change up the titan the most cost effective as possible so the rado will be a 5 yr and no longer project.

This truck will not be off road, jumped or anything like that
Simply not stock.

and yes im using reg steel pipe with "black" pipe 90s and 45s I seen a welder build a light bar for his dually like this and it worked well. Was steardy and fter welding on grinding down than rewelded and grinded it looked lik it was bent tubing

ok here is a few pics of the true money pit

New engine

If the rado was my daily and the titan was my build truck id have a longtravel kit on it no dought haha but thats not the case

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first off, are you using threaded cast pipe 90s and 45s and sch40 pipe? I am no pro at fab work, I am still new at it too. Do resurch, resurch, resurch there are cheap tube benders out there for like 300 bucks. you only can bend one tube size but you will be doing alot better with the look or find a fab or steel shop that offer bending services. your list of mods is cool if you are just going for the look, except DONT USE WHEEL SPACERS in the front. I have CST spindals and 4.75 backspacing on my wheels with fiberglass up front and it looks fine. where are you located?
im located in conroe tx. I answered most of your stuff in the post above.
Can you post a pic of your truck. Front 3/4 view if you have one

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
I would say to keep away from using the cast pipe bends. You can find used jd pipe benders for around 350 sometimes or you can have someone do the bends for you and you just have to cut the pipe to lenght. It would look 100 times better.

I would say use spacers if you dont plan on running a long travel kit. IMO the tires stick in too far with most fiberglass fenders. Yeah its a wanna be prerunner but hey it looks good.. I ran with the 1.5" spacers on my truck with glass for awhile until i finished building my long travel kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say to keep away from using the cast pipe bends. You can find used jd pipe benders for around 350 sometimes or you can have someone do the bends for you and you just have to cut the pipe to lenght. It would look 100 times better.

I would say use spacers if you dont plan on running a long travel kit. IMO the tires stick in too far with most fiberglass fenders. Yeah its a wanna be prerunner but hey it looks good.. I ran with the 1.5" spacers on my truck with glass for awhile until i finished building my long travel kit.
I know the cast fitting are not the best way but fast and inexpensive. I think I'll be happy it's a $90 bumper pipe fittings lights and aluminum Inserts all included. Have ay pics of your truck before the LT I seen the pics with. Really impressive. I'd like to see where the spacer puts the wheel in reference to the glass fender. If it's level it makes a huuuuge diff rather than if it sticks out an inch. The MT arms are a + 2 correct? And LT typically a +4?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Running wheel spacers just to get a "cool" look is kind of silly....

As to your pipe bumper fabrication, please excuse some of us (myself included) but we don't use black pipe or it's fittings anywhere near an automotive application....kind of post Apocalyptic fabrication....now with that being said, one could argue that you're simply ahead of your time :)

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
Running wheel spacers just to get a "cool" look is kind of silly....

As to your pipe bumper fabrication, please excuse some of us (myself included) but we don't use black pipe or it's fittings anywhere near an automotive application....kind of post Apocalyptic fabrication....now with that being said, one could argue that you're simply ahead of your time :)
:teethmast always one to be anti poser:) I love it.:kiss: I'd think you'd be happy to see i no longer have a lifted truck with the front end jacked up more, using only spacers and not coilovers haha.

To op: Your gonna get some negative feedback on tryin to get the poser look, but hey, they do look cool! its just anyone who knows anything about trucks will immediatly see its as useful as a stock one off road. Good luck though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:teethmast always one to be anti poser:) I love it.:kiss: I'd think you'd be happy to see i no longer have a lifted truck with the front end jacked up more, using only spacers and not coilovers haha.

To op: Your gonna get some negative feedback on tryin to get the poser look, but hey, they do look cool! its just anyone who knows anything about trucks will immediatly see its as useful as a stock one off road. Good luck though.
This is the FIRST truck ive ever had that wasnt bagged.Ive had 2 that werent temp but were soon laying frame. When I bought it I had it set in my mind NOTHING crazy or expensive just a few bolt on mods and thats it.

So no mt or lt for me. I do uderstand it will a POSER WANNA BE HALF *** USELESS prerunner and im good with that.

I dont mind admitting im one of those guys that wont go offroading becuse i dont want to scratch or dent my truck to s***. Around here offroading is mudding which I have a 2wd might as well be a wanna be of somthing my truck could be "2wdprerunner" than a wanna be of what it cant be, a "4wd mud beast?"

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
This is the FIRST truck ive ever had that wasnt bagged.Ive had 2 that werent temp but were soon laying frame. When I bought it I had it set in my mind NOTHING crazy or expensive just a few bolt on mods and thats it.

So no mt or lt for me. I do uderstand it will a POSER WANNA BE HALF *** USELESS prerunner and im good with that.

I dont mind admitting im one of those guys that wont go offroading becuse i dont want to scratch or dent my truck to s***. Around here offroading is mudding which I have a 2wd might as well be a wanna be of somthing my truck could be "2wdprerunner" than a wanna be of what it cant be, a "4wd mud beast?"
Heck i'm not sayin dont do it, it'll look sick, put a spacer, and taller spindles up front, to get the stance, glass, and tires and your set, prolly spacer/adaptor for the wider stance. like already mentioned. I HATE gettin my truck scratched

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dunno who this truck belongs to (my roommate does though) but its stock arms, glass, 37's, coilovers, some tube work...

THANK YOU! thats perfect. Its the height id like to acheive its silver and running stock arms with good front width. It looks short but its got 37s weird

anyways do you know what size wheel spacer?

·
Registered
278 Posts

Relax, if you are good with it then cool. But you brought your question to an open forum, you are going to get opinions from both sides, and people are going to tell you what they think.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There's only about 4 of us in clearlake that have prerunner or who want to build one ( totaled my frontier with Titan swap and now I'm working on my Titan ) so not many people will know what there looking at down hear you should be good
I would replace your wheel bearings when you do the space because if there a little bit worn the spaces will kill them.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
no idea... my roommate knows the owner though. this truck was at the HB meet so somebody knows who it is,
I met the guy that drove that at the HB meet. It was a 21 year old kid who i guess owns smp fab. Does anyone know if thats true?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I seen the similar thread but it didnt really have too much info and 0 pictures.
I currently have a 06 2wd cc with just a leveling kit. I love the prerunner look but i dont want to spend the money to get a mt or lt kit and it will never be bajaed so performace of the suspension isnt an issue for me
Im considering

-fiberglass front fenders
-CST spindles
-Rear blocks
-possible shock hoops?
-black 17s with the fronts having a diff offset to stick out more
-1 1/2 wheel spacers
-35s

can someone add some pics of somthing similar
idd like to see the width you can get out of the spacer/offset wheel combo

not sure if it look kind of convicing or just look cheap haha

Also currently working on a little rear bumper
The fiber glass fenders and CST spindles would be a good start. That would clear 35's. I wouldn't run wheel spacer either. They are hard on wheel bearings. I wouldn't bother with shock hoops unless your planning on running a LT kit of some sort. It would be a waste of time.
I dont want a half a## pre runner im located in tx we dont do that stuff haha I just pre fer the look over 6" lift and 35s like everyone else runs around here
Its my DD I understand about building loooooong process trucks and pouring money in allllll the time.
Im really into street trucks and have been building a rcsb silverado the last 3 years. It takes all my money this titan just gets me from A to B and I cant drive somthing stock but since alllll my money goes into the rado I want to change up the titan the most cost effective as possible so the rado will be a 5 yr and no longer project.

This truck will not be off road, jumped or anything like that
Simply not stock.

and yes im using reg steel pipe with "black" pipe 90s and 45s I seen a welder build a light bar for his dually like this and it worked well. Was steardy and fter welding on grinding down than rewelded and grinded it looked lik it was bent tubing
Not to burst your bubble but your first post pretty much describes a half @ss prerunner and please don't put that threaded gas pipe on your truck. Look into getting a tube bender like mentioned before.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
What so bad about being a "Wanna be Prerunner"? If a mans short on cash (or other reasons), then thats his business, let him do what he wants.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts