Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the normal life span for the oem Goodyear wrangler rsa’s that came on the 08 se with 18’s… I’m at around 28,000 miles and mine are pretty much toast and before you ask yes I have done maybe three one wheeler smoke shows but that was once before the first tire rotation and then twice after… Duh I know those two should be bad off but the others aren’t much better…. Just curious what everyone else thinks….

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I replaced mine at 20,000 with an 1/8"-3/16" of thread left. Most members have gotten 20,000-30,000 and only a few over 30,000. I like the tire other than the wear factor.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced mine at 20,000 with an 1/8"-3/16" of thread left. Most members have gotten 20,000-30,000 and only a few over 30,000. I like the tire other than the wear factor.
I agree they drive and ride pretty good but they wear way too fast.... I do drive to fast and turn corners to fast and stuff but still they shouldn't be gone this soon... Any good yet fairly cheap tires out there that will wear decent and be all around good...

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Same goes for the Continental ContiTracs and also the Goodyear Eagle LS that came on the 1st generation Muranos.. There's alot of other options that will last alot longer.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I agree they drive and ride pretty good but they wear way too fast.... I do drive to fast and turn corners to fast and stuff but still they shouldn't be gone this soon... Any good yet fairly cheap tires out there that will wear decent and be all around good...
I replaced my SRA's with another set of SRA's but in size P275/65/18. The wear rating on the P275/65/18 is 500, unlike the 360 rating on the P265/70/18. I got the P275's for $500 delivered, mounted and balanced. I wanted a light weight tire (39#), and only Goodyear and Continental weigh in that light.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I got only 22k out of my stock BFG Rugged Trails. I'm assuming it's due to all the towing I've done and the fact that they're only a P rated tire. I just replaced them with the E rated BFG All Terrain KOs which are supposed to last more than twice that. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
58,388 Posts
I got 48K out of mine. Normal day to day driving with regular rotations. I have dueler revos now. They don't ride as nice and my gas mileage went down about 1 mpg but they have much better traction in the rain.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i got about 45000 out of the rear 2(one on the front blew out so i relpaced those. 45 was pushing it tho. they were quite bald

·
Registered
637 Posts
I got only 22k out of my stock BFG Rugged Trails. I'm assuming it's due to all the towing I've done and the fact that they're only a P rated tire. I just replaced them with the E rated BFG All Terrain KOs which are supposed to last more than twice that. We'll see.
I had 60/65k on a set of BFG ATko's on the Xterra when I sold it. There was still tons of tread left. I'm betting I could have gone 100k on those.

I want a more streetable tier for the Titan like the GY's that came on it but am wary of wear. May go with the ATko's anyway.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I got 22K out of my BadYear Wrongler SADs and they were near maypop status. I couldn't believe it and I had them rotated every 5K miles and my alignment was good. When I replaced my tires I had an alignment done just to be kind to the new tires but the wheels were still in alignment.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My SR-A's lasted 34K miles rotated every 5000 miles. IMO, they were horrible tires. They were really squishy, especially when towing, and I thought they were pretty scary in the rain even when new. I have almost 70K on my Toyo H/T's (about 4/32 left) and they have been great tires, no complaints.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I guess some of it is my fault then because at 28,000 I've only rotated them twice.... What do you guys think I should go with? I don't go off road and I do spend a lot of time on the highway but I need something decent for the snow just in case we get a another freak snow storm like last year... (All of central Oklahoma got snowed in on Christmas eve-Christmas day) I don’t really care to go bigger or smaller size wise just as long as they are not low pros and I’m not really in a position to spend much with Christmas right around the corner… Any idea’s? :teeth:

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
So I guess some of it is my fault then because at 28,000 I've only rotated them twice.... What do you guys think I should go with? I don't go off road and I do spend a lot of time on the highway but I need something decent for the snow just in case we get a another freak snow storm like last year... (All of central Oklahoma got snowed in on Christmas eve-Christmas day) I don’t really care to go bigger or smaller size wise just as long as they are not low pros and I’m not really in a position to spend much with Christmas right around the corner… Any idea’s? :teeth:
You're kinda asking for a stretch there ya know. :lol: I was out in that blizzard last year and even some 4x4's were getting stranded. I know Nitto Terra Grapplers do well for everything mentioned but you may not want that much of an aggressive tire.. Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO and Michilin CrossTerrain are good, the Dueler should do pretty well in winter, I'm not sure about the CrossTerrain... Also, checkout the Kumho KL61 and Hankook lineup:

Kumho Tire USA, Inc.

Welcome to Hankook Tire International Website

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey pops what do you think of these... They are supposed to be good in the wet and on the highway and fairly good in snow... But I really like the look of them... I can get them for $838.66 installed at the sears in Midwest city right down the road from me....

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Tire- P265/70R18 114T OWL

Hibdon Tire - Tire Catalog

Reactions: BigA

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Those are supposed to be good tires, but Hibdon kinda sucks for tires anymore... They overcharge and shortcut on warranty IMHO... You can get them cheaper from Discount Tire with a 3yr 100% free replacement warranty. If you print out from DiscountTireDirect.com the total cost shipped with the warranty certs included, the store will match the price then add on Tax + M&B and still cost less than Hibdon...

·
Premium Member
58,388 Posts
I have Dueler Revo H/L's. Apparently Bridgestone has replaced the Revo's with Alenza's.

The good:
They are stiffer, corner better, grip MUCH better in the rain, and seem to be lasting longer.

The bad:
My mileage went down by at least 1 mpg.

I have no idea how they do in the snow. It doesn't snow where I live.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I had 48,000 miles on mine when I changed them and they had good tread left, could have went another 10,000 miles easly. Most of my miles or highway...WITH NO BURNOUTS.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I replaced my sra's at 22k, I replaced with the dueler alenza's. They've been great, currently have 30k on them and they look like they'll go another 20-30k. If you need a highway tire I would defiantly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweet guys that looks like the tire I will be buying then, and pops I plan on either doing as you said or going to sears... That price I posted was from sears and hibdons wanted almost $40 more... I just used the link from hibdons cause the link from sears wasn't working for whatever reason...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts